The Battle Begins

Hey guys welcome to the sequel this is a short chapter but the other chapters will be longer I promise enjoy...

Training has been intensified since my father learned about Josh and I, my muscles scream every day because of training, I don't blame my dad either he is just trying to understand why I chose Josh and not a different fighter.

I have proven to my father that I'm ready and Josh had shown great power and strength, my father has begun to like Josh to be able to trust him with me. I just hope that I don't kill over from all the training before I'm able to marry Josh and become queen.

~ Now back to training

I pulled back my bow and aimed to the target I took and deep breath and released. The arrow dead in the center lowered my bow and looked over at Josh who was fighting a dummy with two daggers. "Alex focus on your target!" my father snapped I pulled back my bow and aimed at a second target and fired dead center. I huffed I placed my bow around my shoulders and walked over to my father.

"What's wrong?" I asked my father "We have a problem 30 minutes meeting room bring Josh along" I nodded "Josh come on" I waited for Josh as we walked back to our room. We showered and changed since we knew Josh would be staying we got his own clothes from the bureau. He wore a black leather sleeveless vest, black jeans, black leather gloves, black leather jacket, and black combat boots.

I wore some black skinny jeans with zipper pockets, black heeled boots, black and white stripped crop top, and fishnet cardigan. I grabbed my weapon belt and Josh secured his. We headed towards the meeting room "What is it? What's wrong?" Josh asked, squeezing my hand I huffed "We have a problem."

I walked into the room where I saw my father in fighting gear he was discussing with Adam and his third and fourth Revi and Kroc. I went over to my dad "What wrong?" Destruc rose his head towards us "On patrol, we were able to detect angel remnants" Destruc stated "What does that mean?" I asked

"It means we will see how your training has paid off prepare your gear. Josh, will you fight with us?"

My father stood tall looking at Josh. Josh came behind me held me against his chest "I would do anything for Alex" he kissed the top of my head. Destruc nodded "at 8:00 be ready to fight until then eat, rest, and prepare." He back around to discuss with his men on strategy.

The walk back to our room was quiet Josh held me firmly against him as if he was afraid of this being the last time we see each other. When we walked into the room I called Kaz to bring us food. Josh sat on the bed as I walked over the table and took off my weapon belt and grabbed my swords and daggers grabbed my sharpening stone and worked on my swords. It helped me keep focus and stay rational.

After Kaz brought food Josh and I ate in silence it was worrying me that Josh was second guessing his promise to fight with me and my father. I couldn't stand the silence "Josh look at me" his eyes averted to mine.

"Are you having second thoughts about fighting the angels... about our engagement, about me?" those last words felt like acid in my throat I felt a pain in my chest I looked up at Josh anger shown in his eyes.

He grabbed my legs and dragged me face to face with him "Don't ever say that I would regret ever loving you about making a promise to protect you." He grabbed my chin making me look at him I felt his warm breath with mine. "I love you Alex with all of my heart all of my soul and I will do everything in my power to make you happy and safe till the day I die I will always protect you"

Ismiled at his comments I placed my hands on his shoulders "I'm glad I meet you,for the first time in my life I found someone who I can love and trust with mywhole heart" Josh pulled me onto his lap and kissed me passionately.