King Joshua and Queen Alexandria

Alex POV

After my father left I needed to know how Josh felt I knew he was alive but I didn't know if he was in pain or not.

I gripped Josh's hand tightly "How do you feel?" Josh turned towards me I felt my anxiety slowly increasing when Josh didn't reply. He squeezed my hand "I'm fine love, your father told me what you did, you saved me I owe you my life" I felt the tears forming a tear slide down my cheek. "Don't cry love" he kissed my cheek I choked out "I thought I lost you I was afraid you were gonna die" I looked down the bad memory still fresh in my mind.

"I remember when it happened I led a group with your father, Revi, and other warriors into a wooded area where I could sense a large group of angels. I remember fighting alongside your father when 4 angels charged me I felt a sharp pain in my chest I looked down and felt the blood dripping down my hands and my shirt. I fell to my knees I thought I was gonna die and do you know what I thought of as I...died?" I looked over at Josh as he told me this I felt the color drain from my face.

I shook my head no I looked up at Josh he cupped my cheek and leaned his forehead against mine "I thought not being able to see you again that is my worst fear in the world not being able to see you again, not being able to hold you, marry you, and not being able to kiss you" Josh leaned close and kissed me.

He pulled away and held my hands in his. "When I saw you, my heart stopped I saw the blood I thought I was gonna lose you forever when my father said I could save you but it could be dangerous I didn't care I knew I had to save you" I cupped Josh's face "you don't owe me your life just promise me one thing." I asked Josh "Anything my love" Josh kissed my hand "don't leave me ever again" I looked Josh straight in the eyes he held my stare "I promise I will never leave you again but I also require a promise from you" Josh asked "What is it?"

"You need to promise me that I will be the only man you love" I smirked "you are my first and my last" I winked at Josh I leaned up to him and pecked his lips.

A soft grr came from both our stomachs we laughed "come on" Josh grabbed my waist and helped me off the bed my knees felt like jello I almost feel if Josh wasn't holding onto me. "I can't move" Josh turned around "climb on my back" I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around Josh's neck he grabbed my thighs and pick me up. I leaned my head against Josh's neck and inhaled his scent feeling myself relax under his scent.

Josh carried me towards the dining room many demons bowed deeply in respect towards me but also at Josh they think more of him since he fought with them and we won. Josh opened the door to the dining room the smell of fresh bread hit my nose.

Josh sat me down next to my father who sat at the head of the table. I was seated on his right Josh sat next to me. Adam, Revi, and Kroc sat next to my father on his left, Uric next to Josh the rest was filled with the warriors who fought with us. Many I recognized but didn't know the names of them they all looked at Josh and I. Josh held my hand under the table and squeezed my hand I squeezed his back in return.

My father stood tall and raised his glass all the conversations stopped all eyes on their king. "A long and hard battle was fought yesterday against our enemies who we have fought for many years. I say today the war is finally over we have defeated the angels and claim victory no more worrying when they attack no more fear shall plague our kingdom.

None of this would have been possible if it wasn't for my daughter Alexandria" he gestured towards me I stood up tall and proud of how I was able to save my kingdom from destruction.

"As future queen, she needed to prove herself that she is fit to run my kingdom when I cannot I'm proud to say she has proven this by fighting alongside me in the war that we have fought for centuries. Proving she has what it takes to run my kingdom she needs to find a husband to become king I'm also proud to say she has done so welcome your future king and queen King Joshua and Queen Alexandria!" everyone cheered and Josh and I stood hand in hand facing the warriors of our kingdom.

We all sat down and ate our dinner that we all deserved I ate more than usual probably because of the battle and saving Josh I deserved a decent sized meal. Many of the demons at our table held conversations with each other I looked over at my dad he was talking to Adam Revi and Kroc he was discussing patrol and training more demons to become warriors.