Losing Him

I saw Josh laying in a huge puddle of blood, his blood, I ran to him and slumped to my knees. I feel the tears pouring down my face I cupped Josh's head in my hands I saw a large hole in his chest I placed my hand over it. I broke I dropped my head onto his chest. "Alex, daughter please" I looked up and saw my father who looked miserable. "What happened?" I asked my throat was tight fighting back my sobs.

"A large group attacked us Josh was the target they saw how you fought with him, they know that you're gonna be weakened by Josh's death but they didn't expect us to win." I looked back down at Josh his body was cold "What can I do?" I asked "Alex you can't" Destruc tried telling me "WHAT can I do to save him" I looked my father in his eyes. "There is one way but it is very difficult and painful for you."

"I would do anything for the one I love" I held Josh tighter in my arms. "Uric bring him to the infirmary quickly. Alex, come we need to prepare you" My father reached his hand out to me. I hesitated before I felt Josh being lifted from my hands I saw Uric carrying him I grabbed my father's hand we teleported towards the library.

My father pulled out a large book flipped through to a page with a woman standing in a beautiful black dress having orbs floating around her with her eyes turned purple and they held such power. "There was a prophecy of a women born of demon and angel she has healing powers of an angel and destruction powers of a demon, the most powerful child ever born.

I never believed in this prophecy however when you first discovered your demonic powers I was curious so I studied up and discovered a spell that can heal a person even from death I didn't mention it because I didn't think it was real but I saw your eyes when you looked at me I saw your eyes they glowed purple and I saw your power inside them, we must prepare to bring your love back from the dead."

He grabbed the book and headed to the infirmary I had to follow but it felt like my legs were jello I couldn't believe what my father thinks I can do but I would do anything to save Josh even give up my life.

I walked into the infirmary I saw Josh on a bed with a large hole in his chest. I turned towards my father he handed me a box I opened it and saw a beautiful black dress I held it up it was a replica of the image in the book. "Even with a small chance I had this made, part of the spell is the power of beauty the maids will help you. Quickly now."

I was ushered into a large room where three maids stood their smiles were forced they could sense my sadness. I stood up tall "Quickly please" they gathered their items and began their work on me to replicate the image of the prophecy.

I walked into the infirmary the lights were dimmed and candles were placed at corners of the room. "Come my daughter fulfill your prophecy." He ushered me over to Josh's body his face was cold I couldn't sense Josh's life force anymore.

"Read this incantation and perform it only once can this be performed once so make sure this is the one you wish to save." I looked down at him I would save him without a second glance. "I would do anything to save Josh."

I grabbed the book from my father and climbed on top of Josh's body and inhaled deep the candles dimmed and ignited when I exhaled I was calling the power from everything I could. I began the incantation it felt strange I knew the language but never fully spoken it I hoped it would work.

After the incantation, the book stated that I need to give my power to Josh I looked over at my father "a breath of life should be enough to bring him back I'll give you the room" I bowed my head and waited for everyone to leave.

Ilooked down at Josh's body "I love you" I inhaled and opened his jaw I leaneddown and exhaled a dark blue light flowed from me into Josh's mouth. I feltlightheaded as I finished I leaned my head-on Josh's chest I saw as the holeglow and slowly closed shut, the corners of my vision darkened I closed my eyesand was consumed by the darkness.