Taken

Josh POV

I kept fiddling with my hands waiting for my que to enter the room. I heard Destruc mention Alex and I wanted to hold her I have been distant because I didn't want to screw up and ruin the plan.

I heard Destruc mention my name and I walked through the door I kept my head down once I entered I slowly rose my head and my heart dropped I saw Alex and she looked breath taking. Her dress only accented her already beautiful features she eyes drew me to her I wanted to kiss her and hold her but I needed to continue with the plan I didn't want to screw it up.

I smiled at Alex as I walked over to her standing next to Alex. Destruc gestured me I nodded and turned towards Alex I grabbed her hand and squeezed it she squeezed mine in return which helped get rid of some of the butterflies in my stomach.

I took a deep breath "Many of you don't know me my name is Josh Alben I am a demon assassin." As soon as I said that many demons hissed at me, men protected their wives by placing them behind them. "Most of my life I had hunted your kind down however I have changed I met your queen and I was able to protect her from my own kind, I saw the error in which my creed fought.

I have trained and fought with your king and queen in the war and I will give my life to protect Alexandria. Your king has welcomed me into his family and I hope you all will learn to accept me into yours."

I stepped back when clapping slowly began soon the ballroom was full of cheers and clapping. I turned towards Alex and brought her closer to me the cheering soon died down. I took Alex's hand in mine turning her towards me "I would also like to make an announcement" I looked at Alex who I saw love in her eyes I knew I was making the right decision.

As I turned Alex towards me I held both of her hands in mine. "Alex the first day I meet you I was fascinated with you knowing you were different than anyone else I knew. Soon I found myself falling in love with you I know I have already done this but I wanted to make this official I can't see myself growing old and not being next to you every day so I'm asking" I bent down on one knee and took out a small black box I opened the top and exposed the ring.

Alex's grip on my hand tightened "Alexandria, the love of my life would you do the honor of marrying me?" I gazed into Alex's eyes "Yes Josh Alben of coarse I will marry you!" I slid the ring on her finger and spun her around hugging her close, I kissed her lips and cupped her cheek in my hand.

A loud roar of applause filled the room I looked and everyone was cheering all I wanted to focus on though was Alex. Destruc came up to my side and placed a hand on my shoulder "Please welcome your future king and queen Joshua and Alexandria!" The cheering only got louder. "Now let's start this off with a dance Josh and Alex you shall begin."

I took Alex's hand and grabbed her waist with the other as we walked down the stairs connecting the second level to the main level. I could feel Alex's energy a trick I learned from Destruc she was nervous I leaned in close to her ear and whispered, "Your fine love calm down" we reached the dance floor and music began playing it was a traditional waltz Alex placed her hand on my shoulder as we connected our other hands together as I pulled her close to me.

As we began dancing Alex leaned in close "You were gone for so long was it for the proposal" Alex whispered "Yes I'm sorry after your father gave me the ring I.." "What! My dad gave you the ring" I nodded my head "Let me explain."

Flashback

"Alex, can you give us a moment" Alex looked at Josh then at Destruc she left soon after. Destruc came up to Josh placing his hand on his shoulder "I see my daughter loves you, you make her happy. I want to show my thanks for that I couldn't be around Alex for reasons when I lost Jocelyn (Alex's mother) I thought Alex was killed in the process. When I found out she was alive I couldn't have been happier but then I saw you I thought you had brain washed her but after I made sure she didn't have anything wrong with her I stopped giving her my blood to have her emotions and feelings return. "