Alone

It has been 2 weeks since my father talked to Josh and since then Josh has been very jumpy about being alone with me. I had to admit I was getting pissed not to mention my monthly friend decided to show up which made me 10x bitchier along with being in pain from cramps, having a fever, a lot of body pain, and being sexually frustrated with Josh ignoring me was just making everything worse and of course I was the one who had to deal with all of it.

~ 5 days later

I was sitting on the couch in my room reading a book trying to avoid Josh he was really starting to piss me off he kept on ignoring me and my father has been adamant in stating that he was busy with work so I was left alone my thoughts were interrupted when a soft knock came from my door. I closed my book and opened my door Kaz stood in the doorway with a large cloth bag in her arms bowed deeply.

"Princess the king wishes your appearance in the ballroom he has required you to wear this dress and to be prepped for a event tonight. He has given me instructions to help you prepare for tonight" I nodded and opened my door for her to walk in I closed the door and reached for the bag when she pushed my hands away "I'm sorry princess but the king has instructed me that you shouldn't see your dress until you have been prepared."

I was confused on why I couldn't see the dress but knowing Kaz I wouldn't be able to get her to budge so I shrugged and crossed my arms I wasn't in the mood to argue which Kaz seemed to be thankful of. "I shall draw you a bath princess to prepare for tonight" she walked into the bathroom and ran the bath. As I bathed I could smell the oils that Kaz put in the water it made me relax.

As I laid in the water I thought about tonight usually my father gives me a week notice before anything big occurs. I wondered to Josh is he would be there right now I wanted to see him. I never saw him and even though I acted bitter about it I still loved him and missed him.

I stepped out of the bath and wrapped a towel around me. I stepped out to see Kaz standing waiting for me. She handed me a black silk robe I slipped it on and tied it around my waist. She gestured me to a small table against my wall that held a mirror when was that placed in here? I looked over at Kaz "the king thought it would be nice if you had your mother's vanity" my heart tightened at that I didn't have anything of my parents when I lived with my grandmother.

I walked over to it the black framework around the mirror was beautiful even though it showed years of wear. I sat down at the black chair that had a small red cushion I looked in the mirror and it felt like I was looking at a reflection of my mother I only saw a small picture of her on my father's desk. Even though I have my father's hair and eyes my facial features like my eye shape, my cheekbones, even my lips I saw I received from my mother.

She was beautiful I wish I could remember her but I was too young the last time I saw her I wish I could have talked to her about growing up and gossip about boys all night. I felt a small shiver I looked up and saw Kaz looking at me back in the mirror I slightly smiled signaling Kaz to begin.

After 4 hours of 'pampering' as my father would say I call it being tortured I never did like feeling all dressed up. A soft tap on the shoulder broke my silence Kaz softly nudged my head up to look in the mirror my eyes where shut I slowly opened them and I was shocked I looked beautiful. Kaz curled my hair placing it on one side of my shoulder. Makeup was very beautiful my foundation looked flawless my eyeshadow was a dark smokey eye with a light pink lip stain.

During those 4 hours of torture I was able get some information from Kaz about tonight. Apparently, my father has invited all demons of his kingdom to celebrate winning the war and to recognize me as future queen. She seemed cut off about something just like Josh what was going on that they didn't tell me about.

Kaz walked me over to the bag and unzipped it where a beautiful black dress appeared. I felt the fabric it was soft. Kaz took the dress from the bag and helped me into it. The dress was a black with a sheer and lace shoulder with a slit reaching mid-thigh. Kaz placed simple black strapped heels and placed silver dangle earrings in my ears she kept my necklace from my dad on.

I looked in the mirror on the vanity I hugged me in the right places and accented my curled hair. "Princess, Uric will be here to escort you to the ballroom I will be leaving do you require anything?" Kaz bowed her head "No Kaz thank you" "my pleasure princess" she bowed again and left.

Uric knocked on my door and entered "princess it is time" he bowed "thanks Uric" we left my room and walked towards the ballroom the only thing I could her was the sound of my heels clicking against the marble flooring. As we got closer to the ballroom I could hear voices coming from two large doors where I could see light peeking out from below the door.

As we approached the volume increased Uric stopped a few feet from the doors which slowly started to open I was consumed by a bright light but soon dimmed down as my eyes adjusted I slowly walked in, I was on a 2nd level balcony so I could overlook the ballroom the beautiful molding and giant windows accented the giant chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.

It looked like a fairytale ballroom, once I entered the voices quieted down everyone was looking at me. I felt nervous under their gaze but kept my head high. I felt a hand touch my back I looked over and saw my father.

He cleared his throat "Everyone thank you all for coming tonight we celebrate multiple things first we celebrate our victory against our sworn enemy." Everyone cheered my father rose his hand quieting them "second we celebrate the arrival of my daughter Alexandria your future queen" the volume only increased as the demons cheered for me a small smile creeped onto my face as my father rose his hand again.

"There is also another celebration we will be celebrating tonight" I looked over at my father wondering what he was talking about. A smile appeared on his face "I would like to welcome Josh Alben to come forward" everyone went silent looking for Josh. I turned my head around looking for Josh the doors behind me opened and Josh came in my breath caught in my throat as I saw him he looked so handsome.

He wore a black tux with ebony dress shoes, a white button up shirt with a black tie, his hair was gelled back out of his face his so eyes on full display he looked up at me and gave his usual smile that melted my heart.