Small Secrets

Josh POV

I woke up the next morning staring down at my beautiful fiancé her hair framed her beautiful face, her face was flawless her lips were plump I couldn't believe she was all mine. I looked down at the scar where I was stabbed by the angels the memory is still fresh in my mind.

Alex adjusted making me look back at her she placed her hand over my scar and softly rubbed her hand over it. "Stay with me" she mumbled in her sleep I leaned down and kissed her lips "always" I whispered back. I held her tightly against me I rubbed small circles on her hips a soft knock was at the door. I stood up careful not to wake Alex up. I slipped on my boxers and a t shirt. I opened the door and saw a small girl I think Alex called her Kaz she bowed "The king wishes your presence in 1 hour for breakfast" I nodded and closed the door.

I walked over to Alex "beautiful" I kissed her shoulder up her neck "We need to get ready" I hummed against her neck. She groaned and covered her face with the blanket I grabbed the blanket and pulled it down revealing Alex's beautiful naked body. I crawled on top of Alex kissing her neck she mumbled but didn't move. I picked her up bridal style and carried her into the bathroom.

Alex POV

I started to wake up when I felt Josh carrying me I snuggled into his chest I felt his warmth even through his shirt. I didn't know what was going on till I felt warm water on my back. I opened my eyes to see Josh and I were in the shower I looked at Josh who was grinning ear to ear "morning" I whisper I lean up and peck Josh's lips "morning" Josh replied he leaned down and captured my lips.

After our shower, Josh carried me into the bedroom he set me down on the bed so he could get ready I grabbed my bra and panties and walked into the closet I changed my clothes which consisted of a black leather jeans, black leather gloves, black combat boots, tight black crop top, and a black denim vest.

Josh changed into some dark wash jeans with black combat boots, a black t-shirt that showed off his muscles (what he is my fiancé I can look if I want). We left our belts in the room and walked to the dining room. During breakfast my father seemed more relaxed he wasn't being uptight like he usually acts I liked seeing this side of him the care free side. We ate breakfast in silence but it was nice no need to worry about the angels no one is injured this is how I want to see my kingdom every day.

"Alex" my father called I looked over to him he had a large smile on his face. "I have a present for you and Josh" my father teleported to small boxes in front of Josh and I. The boxes were small black boxes with red tribal designs on them. I reached to open mine but my father stopped me. "That's not for you, you give that to Josh and Josh you give yours to Alex."

Josh and I exchanged looks but faced each other and opened the boxes. Inside the box, I had a silver ring with a black raven flying in the night sky was on the design under the bird was a name I didn't recognize.

I looked over at Destruc slightly confused he nodded his head and I grabbed Josh's hand and slide the ring on his right-hand ring finger. Josh looked at the ring confused but grateful then Josh had me close my eyes. I closed my eyes Josh stood up I could hear the chair squeak when he moved it. Josh moved behind me and lifted my hair I felt cold metal on my collar bone Josh fumbled with the clasp but soon got it.

"Open your eyes" I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the necklace a beautiful raven mimicked Josh's ring a black ring was around the bird and small silver writing was on the inside of the ring it was a lot like Josh's but different lettering I looked over to my dad.

"Thank you, dad they are beautiful" I felt tears welling up in my eyes. My dad reached and wiped my eyes "anything for my daughter and future son-in-law the inscriptions are in Latin; Alex your is fide et amare which means loyalty and love Josh yours is fortitudo et virtute which means bravery and valor.

By wearing these they make up the best qualities of king and queens I have seen these qualities in you both Alex the way you fought in the war for your kingdom and how you saved Josh even though it was dangerous for you and Josh fighting alongside your old enemies by fighting for what you love and by sacrificing what you once knew shows the sacrifices you are willing to take for what you believe in."

I ran up to my dad and hugged him "Thank you dad" I hiccupped from crying but I was happy this was so sweet and caring. "You're welcome sweetheart but I need to talk to Josh in private would you mind only for a few minutes" I looked over at Josh then back to my father. I slowly nodded and pecked Josh's cheek before walking back to my room.

I sat back in one of the couches in my room it's leather was surprisingly comfortable. I leaned back and wrapped a dark red blanket around me I was holding my sketchbook tracing my fingers over a sketch Josh placed in my book it was of him and I we were standing at the edge of a small hill sitting down with me leaning on his shoulder I could picture us there it seemed almost realistic. The way the leaves flowed around us I could feel the breeze even though it was only a picture

Imust have fallen asleep because I woke up to Josh shaking my shoulder trying towake me I sat up the blanket puddling around my feet I insanity shivered whenthe cold hit my skin. Josh moved to the front of the couch picking me up andplaced me on his lap I pulled the blanket up wrapping it around us we reclinedinto the couch and listened to the soft crackle of the fireplace. After a few minutes,I decided to break the silence "what did my dad want" Josh slightly shiftedunder me but kept quiet. I looked up at Josh he didn't meet my gaze "Josh" heslowly meets my gaze "he just wanted to talk about us about how I was 100%positive about loving you and wanting to marry you" I could see Josh washolding back something but I didn't pry.