Chapter 14

Aman didn’t know what had gotten in to him.  He had no intention of ever taking Priya out on a romantic date, and of course Payal hadn’t actually asked told him to take Priya out.  He was relieved that Priya had agreed, but now he was in a fix.  He quickly rushed to Payal’s room. 

            “Payal.” He called out as he gently knocked on the door. 

            “Jija-ji? What’s up?” Payal said after flinging the door open. 

            “I need your help.” Aman replied. 

            “Sure. With what?” Payal asked.  She motioned for him to enter. 

            Aman followed her inside her room.  He took a seat on a chair as Payal settled onto her bed.  She looked at Aman, waiting for him to continue. 

            “I need you to lie to Priya.” Aman said cautiously. 

            Payal’s smile faded.  A puzzled expression appeared on her face.   

            “Lie to Didi? I can’t lie to her.  Why would I lie to her?” Payal was confused.  She had never lied to her sister before.  Well, when they were children, she would occasionally tell a fib here and there, but they had been innocent little white lies.  Payal had a feeling whatever it was that Aman wanted her to lie about was much more serious. 

            “I’m taking her out on a date.” Aman stated. 

            Payal nodded, unsure what that had to do with lying.  A smile tugged at the corners of her lips.  She knew that Priya had never been out on a date before. 

            “I told her that you wanted us to go out alone together.” Aman admitted. 

            Payal said nothing, assessing the situation. 

            “So what’s the problem?” She finally asked.

            “Payal, I told her it was your idea so she would say yes.  I need you to lie to her when she asks you because she will ask you.” Aman explained. 

            “That’s it?” Payal asked.

            Aman slowly nodded.  He thought Payal would be more concerned about lying. 

            “Of course I’ll do it! Aww…this is so romantic.  Jija-ji, I’m so amazing!  I can’t believe I came with such a great idea.” Payal enthused with a wink. 

            “Yeah Payal.  You sure are something.” Aman said, playing along. 

            “So where are you going to take her?” Payal asked. 

            “I don’t know.” Admitted Aman. 

            Priya waited anxiously for the limo to approach.  She had never been on a date before.  Even though Aman was her husband, so technically it wasn’t a real date, she was still nervous.  Dates were supposed to romantic.  And Priya wasn’t the least bit romantic.  He heart skipped a beat at the thought of Aman being romantic.  He was caring, but she’d never actually seen his romantic side.  To take her mind off of Aman, Priya went to Payal’s room.  Payal would definitely be able to distract her. 

            “Payal?” Priya called as she approached Payal’s room. 

            “Yeah Didi. What’s up?” Payal asked, emerging out of the door.