Chapter 41

Aman could barely make it in the door before his lips were on Priya’s.  He grabbed her from behind as she was opening the front door.  He turned her around, and their lips met as he gently pushed Priya through the doorway.  Aman pulled away from her and quickly closed the door behind them.  He pushed Priya up against the front door and kissed her again.  

“Aman, someone will see us.” Priya said.  

“Priya, there’s no one else here. I gave everyone the day off.” Aman said, giving her another quick kiss.  

“Why?” Priya asked.

“So I can spend some alone time with my lovely wife.” Aman explained.  

Priya blushed.  She was excited that Aman wanted to spend so much time with her.  

“One week.” Aman said, stepping away from her.  He started to walk up the stairs.   

“One week?” Priya said curiously as she followed him, making sure he would make it up the stairs alright.  

He walked all the way up the to the top of the stairs before giving a further explanation.  

“In one week, it’ll be the end of the month.  The doctor said I should be as good as new by the end of the month.” Aman explained.  

“And?” Priya prompted.  

“And we’re going to celebrate.” Aman said.  “So be ready.”

“Ready for what?” Priya asked, following Aman into his bedroom.  

“Ready for the best celebration ever.” Aman said, excitedly.  

“Really? The best celebration ever?” Priya challenged skeptically.  

“Are you doubting me?” Aman laughed.  

“What if I am?” Priya said.  

Aman looked at her in disbelief.  He thought that feisty side of Priya he’d once seen was a one time thing, but that didn’t seem to be the situation.  

“Is that a challenge I hear, Mrs. Verma?” Aman said, walking closer to Priya.  

“It is, Mr. Verma.” Priya smiled.  

Aman smirked.  Wow, Priya really had it in her to challenge him like that.  

“Okay, Priya. I promise you a celebration that you’ll never forget.” Aman said.  

“Whatever you say.” Priya dismissed.  She backed away from Aman and brushed past him into his room.  

He quickly followed her with the intention of continuing their kissing session.  

“Priya!” Aman called.  A week had passed.  Aman wouldn’t let Priya do anything for him.  She wasn’t allowed to assist him with walking or change his bandages.  

“Aman,” Priya said, entering the bedroom.  

“Get ready! We have a celebration to get to!” Aman said, hurriedly.  He pushed Priya into the bathroom and pulled the door closed before she could say anything.  

He went into his large, walk-in closet and pulled out a pair of jeans.  He was about to put on a white t-shirt, but his eyes landed on a dark blue button down shirt.  He remembered once Priya had told him that she loved when he wore blue.  Blue shirt it was! Aman exited the closet.  He was rolling up the sleeve of this shirt when when Priya emerged from the bathroom.  She was adjusting her earring as she walked out.