Chapter 32

Aman and Priya stood awkwardly in the changing room. They were told to get ready for their steam.  

“Do you want me to leave while you get ready?” Aman asked. Priya shook her head.  

“Are you okay?” Aman continued.  Priya nodded, offering a small smile.  

“We don’t have to do this.” Aman said, sensing Priya’s discomfort.  

“No, I want to.” Priya replied.

“It doesn’t seem like it.” Aman pointed out.  

“Aman, I’m trying. I...I want to be your wife.” Priya reasoned.

“Priya, you’re already my wife.” Aman chuckled.

“You know what I mean.” Priya replied.  

“I know, and I appreciate the effort. I don’t want you to be uncomfortable.  Let’s just skip the steam.  There’s no need for us to be almost naked in a hot room together...well not now at least.” Aman smirked.

Priya blushed at the thought.  She didn’t protest.  She was actually relieved.  Aman talked to the woman at the front desk, informing her of certain changes he wanted to make to the package.  Next were the spa facials.  

“Priya, I’m not doing this.” Aman said.  Looks like Priya wasn’t the only one who was reluctant to try some of these spa treatments.  

“Why not?” Priya giggled.  

“Facials are for girls. I’m a man.” Aman replied in all seriousness.

Priya couldn’t control herself, she started laughing so hard.  Aman watched her with an offended expression, trying desperately to hide his amusement.  

“I’d still consider you a man if you got a facial.” Priya reassured Aman.  

“Thanks, Priya, but I’m still not doing this.” Aman replied.  

“May I make a suggestion?” The woman at the counter turned to the couple.  “Why don’t you take a steam, while she gets a spa facial?  That way, you’ll both be done in time for your massage.”

“That’s...actually a great idea!” Aman replied.  

After Aman had a steam, and Priya finished her facial, they met in a private room for their couples massage.  The room was dimly lit with bowls of rose petal placed throughout in an effort to make the ambience more romantic.  Two massage tables were sitting beside each other, close enough for both people laying on them to be able to hold hands during their massage.   Aman entered to find Priya already waiting in the massage room.  He was wearing a long robe, but Priya was still in the gold sari she’d arrived in.  

“I’ll leave while you change.” Aman said, backing out of the room.

“Aman,” Priya stopped him, “I can’t...wear this.”

“Wear a towel?” Aman asked, “Yeah I figured you wouldn’t.  Didn’t you get a massage done when I sent you to a spa?” he asked.  

“No not a massage.” Priya said.  

“Looks like we have a problem .” Aman said.  

Priya looked down.  Aman walked over to her and turned her around so that her back was facing him.  He started pulling at the strings that fastened her blouse.  She quickly spun around and pushed Aman’s hands away.  

“What are you doing?” Priya asked.  

“Just trust me on this.” Aman replied.  

“But..” Priya protested.