Chapter 35

“Priya! Stop fidgeting! This is great.” Neha eyes her handiwork.  

“I don’t know about this…” Priya said as she looked at her reflection in the mirror.  

Neha had spent all afternoon primping and prepping Priya.  She decided that Aman needed to realize just how sexy his wife is, so that maybe he’d realize that looking elsewhere was first of all totally inappropriate and second of all not necessary.  Neha had done Priya’s hair and makeup so she practically looked like a supermodel.  She had dramatic, dark, smokey eyes and a perfectly contoured face.  What was sure to surprise Aman most was Priya’s outfit.  Gone were Priya’s traditional sarees.  Instead she donned a sexy evening gown.  It was a light tan color, made of a silky material.  The neckline dipped slightly and provided an alluring lift to Priya’s chest.  The gown was completely backless and showed off Priya’s wonderful figure.  It was more than Priya had ever dared to bare in her life, and she felt uneasy about it.  

“Are you really going to back out after I put in all this hard work?” Neha pouted.  

“No...I just...This all seems like too much.” Priya said.  

“No! Priya, you need to get over there and flirt with other men.  Show Aman that you aren’t afraid to put yourself out there and get some attention! The jealousy alone will keep him from ever even thinking about cheating on you again.” Neha explained.  

“He might get mad.” Priya offered.  

“Priya! YOU are the one who needs to be mad.  If he gets mad, tell him it’s all his fault.  He started all of this.” Neha countered.  “He has absolutely no right to be angry with you for wanting to show off your sexy side. I mean it’s what he’s wanted all along.”

“I guess you have a point.” Priya replied.  

“I know I do.” Smiled Neha.  

Priya arrived at the venue as instructed by Aman.  She walked into the room, and instantly all eyes were on her.  She didn’t like the attention at all.  She saw Neha talking with Nikhil in one of the corners, but she didn’t see Aman anywhere.  

“Well, hello.” A male voice said from behind her.

“Hi.” Priya said quietly, still searching around the room for Aman.

“I don’t believe we’ve met. I’m Tom.” The man politely extended his hand.  

“Priya.” said Priya before walking a little further into the room. She pretended not to notice Tom’s extended hand.  

“Why don’t you let me get you a drink?” Tom suggested.  

Priya’s eyes met with Neha.  Neha was giving her an enthusiastic thumbs up upon noticing Tom and the attention he was giving Priya.  Priya furtively shook her head from side to side, indicating her reluctance, but Neha would have none of that.  

“I don’t dr-” Priya started to say.  She spotted Aman walking in with Hiten.  “I mean, I’ll have red wine.”

“Classy.” Tom commented.  

“Always,” Priya offered him an inviting smile.  

Tom sauntered to the bar to get Priya a drink.  Priya kept her eyes on Aman, who was greeting a few businessmen.  He hadn’t noticed her yet.  Tom swiftly came back with drinks in hand.  

“So, Priya, what brings you here?” He asked, taking a sip of some whiskey.  

“Oh you know, business ventures.” Priya covered.  She couldn’t let Tom know she was married just yet.