Chapter 46

Aman woke up disappointed to not find Priya beside him.  Today was their first anniversary.  Much to Aman’s dismay, it was also the day of the awards ceremony that he’d promised Priya he’d attend.  He reluctantly got out of bed and got ready for the day.  As far as Aman could remember, the awards ceremony started at five o’clock.  Aman decided that he’d wait til after the ceremony to surprise Priya, so they wouldn’t be rushed.  Obviously, he had a surprise for her.  After all, it was an important day.  Aman sauntered down the stairs, eager to see his wife. 

            “Surprise!” Priya exclaimed, spatula in hand. 

            There was a large breakfast spread laid out in the table. From pancakes to egg benedict to turkey sausages to waffled, everything anyone could imagine was on that table. 

            “I made it all by myself.” Priya said proudly. 

            “What time did you wake up?” Aman asked, taking a seat. 

            “Early…way too early.” Priya answered, sitting down beside Aman. 

            Aman dug into the stack of pancakes first and then moved on to the eggs.  He was full before he even had half of what Priya prepared.  Priya watched Aman happily as she ate some of the waffles.  She was glad he was enjoying his breakfast. 

            “Damn, Priya.  You’re trying to fatten me up.” Aman quipped. 

            Priya smiled at him. 

            “Happy anniversary.” She said. 

            Aman stood up, looking very serious.  He walked off into the living room, taking Priya’s hand and pulling her behind him..

            “What’s the matter?” Priya asked, once they were in the living room. 

            Aman placed his hands around her waist and kissed her passionately.  Their lips danced together for a moment.  Aman shifted a little so that he could deepen the kiss.  Priya’s arms slipped around his neck, pulling him closer. 

            “Happy anniversary.” Aman smiled, breaking their kiss.  “I can’t wait to celebrate it with you.” 

            Priya stepped away from him. 

            “What time will you be back?” Priya said, a little distracted. 

            “The ceremony starts at five, so why don’t you meet me at my office at a little past four?  We’ll go together from there.” Aman replied.  

            “Alright.  Is there a certain way I should dress?” Priya asked, as they walked towards the front door. 

            “Sexy.” Aman smirked. 

            Priya gave him a disappointed look. 

            “Okay, just kidding.  Dress in something formal.” Aman stated seriously. 

            Priya opened the door, waiting for Aman to leave.  Aman quickly looked to his right and then his left.  The coast was clear. He leaned forward and gave Priya a quick goodbye kiss.  Priya looked at him in mock anger, but Aman quickly ran out the door. 

            “Happy anniversary!” Hiten exclaimed as Aman entered his office.