Chapter 5

This week was the worst week for Baekhyun.

He would get a pile of homework everyday, but basketball practice always awaited and so he had to play basketball before he even touched his homework.

Of course he tried finishing his work during lunches, but he'd just get tired and put it away.

Today was Friday and it was one of the only days he didn't have basketball. For once, he felt relief flood through him and he decided to just take a rest for lunch. He walked in the hallways and stopped at the door he had been through before.

He slid it open and walked inside, closing the door behind him as he entered the unused classroom.

Baekhyun moved towards the window and pulled the curtains away, watching light flood through the room like a wave of water. He pulled up the window and let the air get inside the somewhat dusty room, breathing in the now fresh air.

He sighed and stuck his head out, looking at the football field in the back.

Pyojun High had two major sports: basketball and football.

No one really cared about all the other sports, so that's why they got the gym to themselves all the time for basketball practices.

Football was already over though, so the field was empty now.

It was partially cold outside, but Baekhyun didn't bother closing the window. He liked the smell of fresh air and trees that made it's way in here so he decided to keep the door open.

Baekhyun walked over to the chair and flopped down onto it, leaning his head back so it rested against the wall.

These days because of practice, he'd stay up until at least 2AM to finish his homework and it was taking a toll on him, making him cranky, angry, and just exhausted in general.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and took in another breath, letting his body relax.

He never meant to take a nap, but evidently, it happened.

When Chanyeol walked into the room, he didn't expect to see Baekhyun sleeping on one of the chairs.

Chanyeol shivered and finally realized that the window was open. He walked over to it and tried shutting it but it jammed on him, keeping the same place.

He sighed in annoyance and decided to just leave it because Baekhyun had opened it for a reason.

Chanyeol grabbed his guitar and sat down in the chair beside Baekhyun, positioning himself to play.

He was just about to play but realized that the smaller was just wearing a T-Shirt today. Chanyeol's gaze went from the window and back to Baekhyun's face, wondering if he should even bother. Chanyeol eventually sighed again and took off his sweater, taking extra care not to drop his guitar.

He gently placed his sweater on Baekhyun and the smaller immediately snuggled into it, letting out a noise similar to a puppy's.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun a bit more before he began playing the guitar, performing the song that he had learnt recently by ear. "Listen to the Letter"

Once he began playing, he began singing also, letting the words and sounds carry away all his worries for now.

Halfway through the small song, Baekhyun made a weird noise and then began moving around.