Chapter 18

Right, I forgot to say... Happy 6k for this book~ Thanks for all the support I've been getting T_T I wouldn't be able to have motivation without you guys *sends rilakkuma hearts* FOREVER, WE ARE YOUNG.

Anyway, you know what I realized? I completely skipped Christmas, New Years and winter break hahaha OOPS. I keep thinking this story is in the summer because basketball reminds me of summer but NO it's in the winter... Stupid me :p

~

Baekhyun curled himself into a ball on the floor, laying on his side as he hugged his knees.

He's noticed that recently, that was one of his favourite positions, no matter how depressing that sounded.

His tears were still going at a consistent flow, only ever stopping when he wiped them with his hands.

He noticed that that room was significantly darker than before, and so he slowly sat up, spotting something that shone on the other side of the room. He recalled the pictures that he dropped and he sighed, standing up and walking over there with small steps.

He picked up the first two groups pictures and smiled when he saw everyone's faces.

Some people were smiling normally while others were goofing off, making ugly faces for all the world to see.

Junmyeon, for example, was trying to act cool by looking at the camera with a light smirk, his credit card held up with his right hand, flashing his expensive bucks. Sehun, on the other hand, was doing some type of aegyo with Xiumin, puffing their cheeks up and making V-Signs. Kyungsoo, Jongin, and Mingyu were smiling normally while Yixing was looking at something behind the camera dazedly.

His eyes wandered to himself and Chanyeol, fighting together with food. The first picture showed Chanyeol's shocked face from when Baekhyun first put ice cream on his cheek, and the second one was of Chanyeol wrapping his hands around Baekhyun's neck all while still getting ice cream on himself because of Baekhyun's hand.

He picked up the two other pictures and saw a solo one with just Baekhyun featuring Chanyeol. Baekhyun sniffled and wiped away his tears once again, looking at it closer.

Have we always looked at each other like that? Baekhyun wondered as he looked at both of their ice cream covered faces. He recalled that at that point, they were declaring a full food fight with smiles on their faces.

It wasn't up to Baekhyun to decide, but he thought that they both looked extremely absorbed in the other, too caught up in the situation to notice that a picture was being taken right in front of them.

Baekhyun bit his lip and looked at the door that had closed minutes ago. How did things become like this?

Dara's words rang through his mind and the ache in his body intensified tenfold, stabbing him ruthlessly.

Everything was the truth. Everything Chanyeol said was true.

He felt like breaking into a fresh round of sobs but held it back, remembering what Dara had said. 'Let him in...'

Baekhyun really didn't know what to do, he was stuck in between listening to Dara, and completely giving up on Chanyeol- hence causing him to fall in between two choices, wanting to choose one before pulling back and reconsidering.

Baekhyun sighed and looked up at the boring ceiling, trying to somehow find help in the barely visible ugly patterns.

What do I do?