Chapter 9

Guys omg I'm free~ that French thing is finally over! Even if I failed miserably, it's over, YAY 😌

~

Baekhyun's heart was beating at an incredible speed, and he was surprised it didn't burst right then and there.

He was keeping count of the score in his head, not bothering to look at the red numbers on the screen, too indulged in playing.

It wasn't hard keeping count of the scores either because it seemed that the two teams had found a rhythm.

The Ravens would get two points, but then KNK would steal them back which in turn would make Baekhyun's team fight for them again and the cycle continued that way until each team had over twenty-five points.

Baekhyun wiped at the sweat on his forehead, chugging down his water that he had brought along with him. He took a seat on the bench and took long, deep breaths, letting his mind wander for just a second.

After having that weird breakdown and having Chanyeol calm him down, he had been a bit antsy the entire first half of the game. But after Xiumin talked to him a bit, he just sucked it up and played like if he didn't, Chanyeol would kill him—which could actually happen because everyone knew how serious their captain was about basketball.

The small player watched his team get more points and lose more points to the other team, wondering when it would stop.

His eyes flicked to the digital clock on the wall and saw that they had fifteen minutes left of this grueling back and forth game.

Although it was tiring and made Baekhyun feel like he'd stress all his hair off, he was still having quite some fun and didn't actually want it to end.

Baekhyun rested on the bench for five more minutes until Chanyeol called for subs, causing Baekhyun to stand up and get back onto the court, passing by Sehun on the way.

10 minutes...

The scores were 34-34, and Baekhyun knew there would be countless overtimes if they didn't kick up their game somehow.

He tried to think of something- anything to somehow get their team up by at least two baskets. He knew for one that Jihun was the best at shooting, getting shots that were almost three-pointers every time.

Maybe if Baekhyun could somehow stop him...

Baekhyun shook his head, knowing it was a very bad idea, because compared to that guy, Baekhyun was this short little stick with googly eyes stuck on with dollar store glue.

He sighed as he ran to the other side, watching Xiumin take up the ball. His hands were itching to touch the ball somehow, but he knew that if he got it he'd fumble or get it stolen in the next minute, regardless of when he got the ball.

Although, it seemed as though Xiumin didn't care because, in the next moment, the ball came flying in Baekhyun's direction.

Baekhyun panicked for a second before he put 'getting the ball' ahead of everything else.

He ducked under one of Youjin's arms when the taller was preoccupied in looking at the ball, continuing on to jump in front of him.

The ball was high over Baekhyun's head but when he jumped and reached for it with his dainty fingers, he managed to grab onto it with the smallest grip.