Chapter 14

A flash of orange, the cold hard ground, the sound of the ball bouncing away...

Yelling, gasps... Blood.

"Chanyeol!"

~

"Alright guys, let's do well this game. I don't have any more words to say because as you know, I've probably spent up most of our basketball time with inspirational words..." Chanyeol trailed off and Baekhyun didn't even bother listening.

He was way too angry at Chanyeol to even take one of his words to heart.

"We're playing against BTS this time and as you know, the farther you get into the tournament, the better the opponents get. I have to admit that they're going to be tough to beat, but if we all work together, I'm sure we can pull through."

It was finally Thursday, and school had already ended. The basketball game would start in around fifteen minutes and Baekhyun wasn't even bothered.

He really felt like taking his anger out on something, so he'd just take it out on basketball and beat BTS.

Once the members stood up to go to the gym, Sehun appeared by Baekhyun's side as usual. "You should come with me to grab my math textbook. I forgot it at my locker..." Baekhyun nodded and they made their way down the hallway, getting to Sehun's locker and stopping. "Hey... Are you sure you're going to be alright for this game?" He asked while wrestling with his lock.

Baekhyun shrugged nonchalantly. "It's not like I have to pass it to Chanyeol, and he doesn't have to pass it to me. That way we'll stay out of each other's paths."

"Yesterday, I tried calling Chanyeol but he didn't even reply. He wasn't calling anyone either, he just ignored it. He's being so mean to me lately," Sehun pouted and Baekhyun laughed. Sehun finally pulled open his locker and took his textbook, closing it and locking it up again.

The two walked back to get to the gym. "Do you think he hates me or something?" Sehun questioned.

"You're such a kid, he was probably just busy—"

Wait, why am I defending him?

Baekhyun shook his head and suddenly Sehun grabbed Baekhyun's arm and pulled him away.

"Seh—"

"Shhh," he cut Baekhyun off rudely with a hand on Baekhyun's mouth. Baekhyun peered up at him with curious eyes as Sehun just looked somewhere else.

Sehun was looking around the corner and with the new silence, Baekhyun could hear talking.

"Come on," the younger whispered and grabbed Baekhyun's arm, sneaking around the corner before crouching behind one of the trash can and recycling bins.

Baekhyun thought this was a stupid idea, but he couldn't argue when he's already done this twice since Dara's arrived. The two peeked out from behind the objects and Baekhyun saw Chanyeol's back.

"I can't take this anymore, Chanyeol. I can't be your girlfriend anymore." It was a voice he's heard too much for his likings.

"Please, Dara..."

Of course, it has to be Chanyeol and Dara. Again.

"How am I supposed to keep doing this when you're such an asshole?" She questioned astoundedly.

"Dara... Just think about this like you're doing it for the money," Chanyeol spoke as he ran a hand through his hair frustratingly.

She sighed. "I know. I know, but is two hundred really worth it?"