Chapter 16

Wow uhhh... I haven't updated this in like, 5 years... Sorry haha xD My brain is completely dry so... Mmm... I tried.

~

"Junmyeon!" Baekhyun called, waving his hands in the air to signal that he was free.

Junmyeon turned around and immediately spotted Baekhyun, throwing the ball over to him in the next second.

Baekhyun caught the ball and without even bouncing it once, he passed it to Sehun.

Sehun caught it easily with his height advantage and immediately threw it into the net, scoring- yet another -easy point.

The three gave each other high fives and Baekhyun turned his head to the scoreboard, grinning stupidly to himself.

They were a good 16 points ahead of BTS, and it was undoubtedly because of Baekhyun.

Not only did he try the hardest he could, he cheered the others up with his loud yells and random jokes. Although he knew that after this game, he'd have to face Chanyeol and his team in a different environment, he tried not to let anything catch up to him yet.

Just as Baekhyun was laughing and smiling to himself while bouncing the ball, he tried ducking under Jungkook's reach but instead, Jungkook elbowed him in the head, hard. The world spun around him and he gripped the ball, falling onto the ground because of the impact. Yet, to everyone but Baekhyun, it seemed as if he had just slipped. Jungkook didn't even noticed that he had hit Baekhyun because he kept trying to take the ball.

He held his head and groaned, feeling the pain directly in his temple spread and somehow dig itself into Baekhyun's brain. He squeezed his eyes shut and tried ignoring the pounding in his head, one sentence repeating in his head.

You're fine, the game's not over yet.

Baekhyun opened his eyes and blinked several times, trying to get the fuzzy edges to go away. He looked up and winced at the light, seeing Jungkook's slightly concerned but determined face.

Before Jungkook could take the ball, Baekhyun threw it in between his legs to Xiumin, letting out a breath now that he knew the ball wouldn't be taken from him.

Get up, you won't be able to do anything on the floor.

Baekhyun pushed himself back onto his feet and wobbled, his hands darting out to grab something and finding someone's arm.

"Baekhyun?" He heard Junmyeon and even though he knew Junmyeon was right beside him, it felt as if he was meters and meters away. "Baekhyun." Junmyeon's voice began to drown out and Baekhyun blinked again, trying not to let whatever it was swallow him out. Baekhyun's mind was foggy and hazy, he couldn't register anything Junmyeon was saying at all. "Are you..."

Baekhyun didn't get to hear the rest because his eyes slid close and he let go of trying to keep himself up, slipping into darkness.

~

"Concussion?"

"Yes, he was hit pretty hard in the temple."

"Isn't that really dangerous though?"

"Yeah, that's why he got a concussion, idiot."

"Well, sorry."

Baekhyun heard voices around him and he tried to make sense of what they were saying but he just couldn't.

"When he wakes up, don't tell him that I was here... Anyways, is he going to be okay?"

"Should you really be asking that when you're the one with the broken nose?"