Chapter 7

It was like a whole new starting as Baekhyun took in a breath, closing his eyes to get ready. Once he opened them again, he let the ball drop, dribbling it up to Jisoo who stopped him in his tracks, leaving him bouncing the ball there dumbly.

Baekhyun took in another breath and looked at his surroundings closely, making up his mind and deciding to go left. He was succeeding, until Jisoo guessed and was following his every move, making him feel like a small puppy trapped in a corner. Every time he moved his foot, his check would do the same.

Just as Baekhyun was going to let negative thoughts flood through his mind, Chanyeol was suddenly there, blocking Jisoo on the right side. Baekhyun's eyes flicked to Chanyeol's determined ones and then he ran in that direction with the ball, taking two steps before shooting it at the net.

Once the ball made it in, Baekhyun couldn't help his smile of happiness as he looked at Chanyeol who was grinning at him.

But that point wasn't all, no. It was just the beginning of a long, tiring, but heart racing match.

The game ended well with the Ravens 10 points ahead.

The final score was 30-20 and Baekhyun felt something in his heart when he won for the first time ever with this team.

And as they stood huddled up in a circle- not caring if everyone was sweaty, Baekhyun knew that this was where he belonged.

"Good job. I'm proud of you guys, especially some people..." Chanyeol turned his head slightly and looked at Baekhyun. "This was a good match and I hope this quality of playing never drops," Chanyeol spoke as Baekhyun looked at the circle of shoes. Chanyeol patted Baekhyun and Junmyeon's backs before he pulled away. "Let's go shake hands."

Once the team finished up whatever they had to do, they changed in the change rooms, talking about the fun things about this match.

"At the beginning Baekhyun was so nervous, it was hilarious," Mingyu stated and the smaller punched him in the arm.

"After that, I got completely better, thank you very much," Baekhyun stated matter of factly and Sehun snorted.

"Not without the help of your boyfriend," he muttered and Baekhyun turned to him.

"What?"

"Nothing," Sehun quipped and turned away, shoving all of his things into his bag.

Chanyeol began walking away and Baekhyun tried to finish up quicker so he could catch him.

Placing the last thing in his bag, he ran out the change room door, trying to catch the man with long strides. Once he was finally beside Chanyeol, he was already panting.

"Why do you walk so fast?" Baekhyun asked as he struggled to match his pace.

"To get away from you," Chanyeol stated and Baekhyun gasped.

"What happened to the awesome Chanyeol in game? He was so nice..." Baekhyun wondered, pouting. They both exited the school into the cold weather, snowflakes coating their heads.

"I was only doing that because I love basketball, and look at that, it worked," Chanyeol stated and Baekhyun just grinned.

"I haven't really said it yet but," Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's arm and stopped him, making the giant turn to him. "Thank you. Without that, I think I would've crumbled as much as the Berlin Wall." Baekhyun smiled and Chanyeol turned away from his stare.