Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

All of the gang turned their heads to see Lucifer leaning on a tree ever so casual, like he owned the place.

"Where did you take her?" John said as he stormed his way.

"Now, now boy, relax." Lucifer said as he froze John is his spot. "Let the man talk."

"You bastard; without you life was good." John hissed from his spot.

"Without me, good has no meaning what so ever. Don't you get it John; there can't be good without evil, beauty without ugly, intellect without stupidity. For something to have meaning its opposite should be there too." Lucifer walked over to John and carried his face in his hands. "You, from all people should you know that have I taught you nothing?"

"You have taught me hatred; for I hate you more than I can ever imagine." He hissed in Lucifer's face.

"And without hate, you'd have never found out the true meaning of love. Am I right?"

Silence was what he received for an answer.

"You know the true meaning of love because you know the true meaning of hate; and vice versa. The ugliness I have created helped open your eyes on all what's good. If anything I am the good guy and not the bad. I gave life a fucking purpose. How was I repaid? Doomed for eternity in this hell-whole called Earth, and why? For saying the truth."

The two men now locked eyes earning the attention of everyone around them.

"I was an angel John just like you; I know the meaning of love, betrayal, hate, sorrow. I did love your mother, she loved me back; and after I became a fallen; Jensen ensured that she would suffer."

John's eyes went wide. He fell silent. Suddenly it became hard for him to breath.

"I tried to find her, tell her everything will be okay but it was too late. Jensen has her locked up somewhere. And you John, you were like a son to me. I helped you when no one did; I took care of you, and taught you all you know."

"You're lying." John's eyes began to water.

"Am I? Have you seen your mother ever since I vanished? Has any elder tell you anything about her? What about your dad, has he showed up? Don't you get it John; anybody close to me has vanished; but you. I didn't just give you my blood to save you from dying; I did that to save you from whatever Jensen would do later on. He despised me for having everything any angel would want. And he hates you for having more power than any elder."

John looked away from Lucifer and tried to allow the new information to sink in.

"Jensen is as good as dead." He muttered to himself.

"He can't be killed John, believe me I tried. But I, being the king of deception, figured out a way around it. Sooner or later he will pay for what he has done. I already have a plan. But Alex is safe, trust me; I'd never hurt someone you love. And I won't tell you where she is either. You can figure that out yourself."

Rachel walked from behind him and clenched her fingers. "Spiritus ubique, adiuva me veritatem addiscere, volo scire, ubi, ut inveniam abscondita" "Spiritus ubique, adiuva me veritatem addiscere, volo scire, ubi, ut inveniam abscondita" "Spiritus ubique, adiuva me veritatem addiscere, volo scire, ubi, ut inveniam abscondita" (Spirits everywhere; help me learn the truth, I wanna know where, I can find the hidden)

Lucifer froze in his spot.

"You're cute Rachel, but really dumb. You think this will make me say anything?" He smirked. "It will only exhaust you. Don't you know? Without the thing I have, little baby Jonan will die."