10. Witch Hunt

10. Witch Hunt

Yeah, I'm so proving Franco wrong. That...that is just sick.

Sam and I found Dean's motel room, Shaylene included, once we found the Impala. They hadn't gotten busy, because apparently Shaylene was a prostitute. No, not the normal kind. The kind that made you bargain and agree to sell your soul.

Someone say demon?

The three of us set a trap for the demon pimp, and now we've got him stuck under a Devil's Trap. The trap makes me uncomfortable, as does the demon who comes. He doesn't say anything about me or to me, so he must not care that much that a demon is in cahoots with the Winchesters.

I stay near Shaylene, who's shaking. Sam is near Dean, an angel blade at the ready to kill the bastard.

"She told us everything," I say coldly to the demon in the trap. "Abduction, forced prostitution—it's pretty gnarly, even for a demon."

"She's got her version, I've got mine."

"Liar," Shaylene snaps.

"Let me guess—she came to you begging for you to pimp her out," says Dean.

"Yeah, 'cause that Harvard degree was working out so well for her."

"How many girls are there, hmm? How big is this?" I demand. I don't want him to say there's a whole mass of them.

"Just me and Shay."

"He's lying," Shaylene insists. "There's a brothel. I heard him on the phone. They told me what you are—a demon from Hell."

"Beats trash from the street. Face it, missy—without me, you would've been dead of drugs or worse in a year. Frankly, this little ho should be thanking me."

Before anyone can stop her, Shaylene yanks the demon knife out of Dean's hands and plunges it into the demon. He sparks inside before his lifeless body collapses onto the floor.

"Okay," I say slowly. "Well, that just happened."

"Yeah, and he was our best shot at the location of the brothel," says Sam, annoyed. "Do you have any idea where it is?" This is directed at Shaylene.

"No," she admits. "But, um..." She goes to the dead demon, fishing around in his jacket pocket. She pulls out a business card, handing it over to Dean. I go to him, peeking down at the small lettering. "I saw him give these out at the bars."

My brothers and I look at each other. I don't know what makes me more furious: the fact that there is a brothel full of abducted, scared women, or the fact that a demon is behind this. I feel the bloodlust on my tongue. These monsters need to go. Those girls don't deserve to be put through what they're going through.

If they're around, they're fair game. The boys won't care, just don't get carried away. You wanted this, prove that you can handle it. Prove that Dean isn't making a mistake by keeping the cure away.

* * *

Something has torn through this place. There are two dead demons on the floor, one in a pile of some sort of black goop.

"Damn, we missed the party," I say, pouting.

"Can't believe somebody got to kill this Raul tool before we could," Dean agrees. "Check the I.D.s."