32. Drastic Times, Drastic Measures

I think the one thing my brothers fail to forget is that, as a demon, I don't have the luxury of sleep. At least, that's what I believe, as I hear one of them try to tiptoe past my bedroom like they believe I'm asleep.

Rolling my eyes, I slide off the bed, padding out of my bedroom and down the halls. Two seconds into the trail, and I find myself following Sam. He doesn't have a sleepy shuffle to his gait, and he's dressed. Like he plans to sneak out somewhere.

I wait patiently, keeping quiet behind Sam. When he makes a few turns, I see that he's got some sort of box in his arms. I tilt my head in curiosity.

"Please tell me you've got a hot date someplace, and that's a box of kinky stuff," I say to my little brother.

Sam spins around, nearly dropping the box he has on the floor. "Josette, what the hell?"

"You really think you could sneak off, past a demon?"

"Don't remind me." He shakes his head. "What are you doing?"

"I can ask the same about you." I lean against the exit of the hallway as Sam stands in the bunker library.

"I found a case."

I nod, not convinced. "So it requires a box. And no mention of this to Dean or myself. Try again, Sammy."

He sighs through his nose. "Damn it. Get your keys."

I perk up. "Where're we going?"

"You'll find out."

"Do I at least get to know what's in the box?"

"Not until we get there, no."

I pout. "You're just no fun, Sam."

"We got to make this quick."

"I don't think Dean's gonna care that much about where we're going." I frown slightly. "Is this about the Mark?"

Silence is my response, and to me that's translated into "yes"; Sam just doesn't want to admit to it.

I grab my truck keys, and we both leave the bunker to climb in. I keep glancing at the box Sam is carrying. It's an awful big box.

"So, no kinky session with a girl, huh?" I tease my little brother. "Okay, I get it, you want to keep this hush-hush. But I'm going with you, I am driving you to where you need to go. That doesn't give me brownie points to know what this is about?"

"I told you, you'll understand when we get there."

"Okay, so if it's not a kink session, is it a date? Or is this an exchange?" Sam looks out the window. "I'll be a talkative bitch if it gets you to tell me why we're doing this."

Sam chuckles. "I'll tune you out, Jo. Let's not play that game."

I wrinkle my nose. "Suit yourself, Sam."

I park the truck in a restaurant parking lot. I keep close to Sam and feel a prickle of danger upon entering. Yes, restaurants are public places, but everything feels like a threat to me. Immediately, I seek out any other demons in the area. I see no true faces pop out at me, so that's a good sign.

"This way." Sam tugs on my elbow, propelling me forward.

Oh, you have got to be joking.