Chapter 2 - A Superhero?

Hazel and ocean blue

Those were the two colours I can currently register in my mind right now, despite my impending doom by some magician—oh uh, no, let me take that back, a...teleporting maniac.

Jesus, just thinking about the word itself sounds implausible.

The man with the fascinating eyes or the man with heterochromia stared at me a little longer before flicking his eyes up to the man behind me, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Let her go." He spoke, his voice masculine and deep, but it sounded so...fake, like it wasn't his real voice at all.

"What the hell are you supposed to be?" The teleporting maniac snapped at him.

"Nobody, just let her go and nobody gets hurt." The man responded and I only gulped nervously, squeezing my eyes close when he pushed the gun further onto my head; still trembling violently.

"Nobody gets hurt?" The teleporting man snorted at his words, his tone mocking.

"Let's be real here, kid. I have a gun pointed at her head and I could kill everyone here easily within seconds." The teleporting man added and I glanced back at the heterochromia man.

Observing the petrified faces of everyone in the vicinity, he turned back and I saw the hesitance in his eyes. "What do you want?" He questioned the teleporting man.

"Simple, I just want an-"

The familiar wailing of sirens pierced through the air and I felt my trembles receding slightly at the reassuring sound.

"...airplane—and you better hurry, kid."

He nodded solemnly and took a few steps back, almost instantly...flying off into the air and out of the window. I silently gasped, my eyes widening at the sight in front of me, letting out a few shocked breaths afterwards.

...holy crap...!

He just...flew, like literally flew off into the air.

Judging from the shocked faces from everyone, I knew they were not comprehending what they were seeing so easily too, oddly, there were a few faces who remained anxious; they must either be immune to this or they were just too frightened for their lives.

No...no, don't think about anything except for your life now.

The sirens got closer and I turned to look at the window, seeing the policemen gathering outside the entrance of the airport. A person dressed in a uniform that was slightly different from the rest of them clutched a megaphone in his hand, raising it up to his mouth and started speaking into it.

"Sir, put down your weapons and-"

I ignored it, knowing what they were going to say but I knew that the lunatic behind me couldn't be bothered. I also noticed the reporters assembling outside the airport, talking straight into the cameras as they gripped the microphones in their hands.