Chapter 29 - Finale, Part 3.1

Countdown to launch sequence: 2 hours 47 minutes, 1 hour 33 minutes, 0 hour

Countdown to launch sequence: 2 hours 47 minutes, 1 hour 33 minutes, 0 hour...minutes

Surprisingly, the cube wasn't sitting on top of a humongous or grand machine. The cube was simply floating above a pedestal, which was utterly black. The pedestal wasn't designed too complex either, it was just rectangular in shape, with no intricate carvings on it.

The cube, on the other hand, was a contrast to the pedestal. It was teal-coloured, and it was hovering above the pedestal, and the brightness was almost glaring. The sides of the cube were encased with a material, which was dark purple in colour, seemingly close to black.

I could clearly see the intricate flowery patterns carved onto the faces of the cube, except the top and the bottom. On the top of the cube, there was a plain flower-shaped design on it, unlike the other faces of the cube.

It was my very first time seeing such a mystical object, I was rather charmed by it.

"Is that it? The damn cube? It...doesn't seem to be powered by anything." Thomas said and I broke out from my dazed state.

"This isn't the time to be admiring the goddamn cube." Kim barked at the two of us, and I gasped, realising that the guards had completely surrounded us.

"We gotta look for the control room first." Kim stated, disregarding the guards that were currently storming towards us. She scanned her surroundings, unfortunately, her view was partially obscured by the guards.

"The control room, it has to be hidden somewhere in this area. It should be inconspicuous, since knowing Alexander, he's meticulous in whatever he does." Kim mused, narrowing her eyes and Thomas, who was taller than us, managed to get a better view.

He coughed awkwardly, scratching his head as he pointed towards a direction. "Uh...isn't that it? It sure isn't inconspicuous, I can tell you that."

"What?" Kim hissed, turning to the right as she smacked his hand away. Disbelief was written all over her face, and I knew what Thomas said was true.

I curiously glanced to the same direction, only to be completely obstructed by dozens of guards that towered over me. A pained look flitted across my face, and I knew tiptoeing in this situation help me.

I hate being short.

"What the heck am I supposed be looking at?" I sighed helplessly and without a word, Kim grabbed onto my wrist, along with Thomas.

"Fine, whatever. It's the only choice we have and if it's a trap, I'll just kick my way through!" Kim growled and before I knew it, Kim already made us invisible. It was a strange thing, not being able to see yourself being invisible while others could.

"Shit! Where did they go?"

"Damn it, the boss did tell us about her invisibility!"

"Stick close together, they wouldn't be able to sneak so easily."