Chapter 30 - Finale 3.2

The three of us, upon hearing the announcement were speechless

The three of us, upon hearing the announcement were speechless. It didn't help that the announcement kept ringing repeatedly in my head, especially the two words 'twenty minutes' echoing profusely in my mind.

"...twenty minutes?! Are you freaking kidding me? TWENTY DAMN MINUTES?!" Thomas blanched, the colour of his face reminding me of paper.

"Urgh, I'm sorry, I don't think I can help much at this point." Nathan spoke up beside us, he suddenly stumbled, like a wave of dizziness had just hit him.

"Nat-Omni!" I nearly called out his name yet again, I was too lost in the moment previously that I couldn't help but scream his name. I hurried to his side to support him, alas, trying to support a man that was a head taller than me proved to be difficult.

"That's what you get for sacrificing yourself like that, idiot."

"Yeah, he's a big idiot, definitely." Thomas nodded in agreement, smirking in amusement.

"It's not like you are any different, Kim..." Nathan coughed in his sentence, heaving a tired sigh. "You were sacrificing yourself earlier, doesn't that make you an idiot too?"

"Guys...is this really the time to be throwing insults at each other?" I commented, shaking my head at them.

Thomas snickered, giving Nathan a hard slap on his back. A groan escaped Nathan's lips as he narrowed his eyes at Thomas through his battered mask. Fortunately, his voice modulator wasn't damaged.

"Don't worry, don't worry. Just stay here with Genie, and leave the rest to us."

"Exactly, just like what Thomas said."

"Surround them! Don't allow them to move an inch from their spot!" Alexander demanded fiercely, his gruff voice booming via the speakers.

"So...where's the switch to shut it down?" Thomas questioned and his words instantly hit me, all colour draining away from my face.

"...wait a minute. Didn't Faviana say that once it starts the launching process, there's no way to shut it down? Aren't I right, Genie?" Kim said and I turned towards, knowing my face would be telling her the answer.

"Ye-yes...she did say that." Nathan coughed, his exhausted voice holding a hint of anxiety.

"Shit!" Thomas cursed out loud, smacking himself on the forehead.

"Damn it." Kim clicked her tongue, biting on her lower lip.

Currently now, the guards have already completely surrounded us. They had no way of climbing up to the roof, hence, they could only aim their guns at us. Since Alexander didn't give the command to shoot, they didn't make a move to shoot at us with their guns.

"So, what are we gonna do now?"

"Launching sequence will begin in nineteen minutes, please proceed-"