Chapter 4 - Imminent Danger

My heart leaped to my throat as I felt myself falling down, the shrieks and incoherent exclaims from everyone not aiding the predicament that I was in

My heart leaped to my throat as I felt myself falling down, the shrieks and incoherent exclaims from everyone not aiding the predicament that I was in. Thinking quickly, I reached for a pole, only for my eyes to widen in shock when I couldn't find anything to hold onto and it was too late for me.

Crap!

I forgot that I wasn't near the glass panel anymore! What do I hold onto now?

The train creaked and groaned harshly, utterly tilting to the side and the clamorous, frightened crowd continuously screaming as some of them tried to grab onto anything they could. Unfortunately for me, I was helplessly flung down onto the bright orange seats, my body landing roughly on it as I yelped in pain. The train screeched to a stop on the tracks, the noise absolutely ear-splitting and from what I know, half of the train was definitely tilted sideways, my part being the worst.

The train abruptly stopping didn't help either, since everyone's belongings started slide and tumble towards me, I struggled to avoid them, some of them scraping me against my arm that was luckily shielded by my long-sleeved shirt.

"Shit!" I cursed out loud when someone's laptop almost hit me in the face.

Hearing another dreadful creaking noise, I found myself immediately sliding downwards from the seats and I whimpered involuntarily. Desperately clawing to stop myself from sliding down, my heart drummed loudly against my chest, my ears feeling the vibration of my heartbeat. However, I came to a stop, my body roughly bumping against the glass panel behind me.

A shaky breath escaped my mouth as I cautiously looked down, seeing everyone's belongings accumulating at the last window all the way at the bottom. There was a large space at the window just enough for me to see through the transparent window and I could see the hectic traffic below me, the vehicles swiftly driving across the roads.

"Oh my god." I whispered shakily, realising the imminent danger we were all in.

This is...

Someone help-

Before I could continue my thoughts, something heavy struck me, knocking me off balance and causing me to topple down from the safe area. Flailing my arms, I tried to grab onto the seat but I failed to get a secure hold on it, due to my clammy hands and the horrified scream that attempted to escape from my chest was trapped in my throat.

Holy crap.

"Ugh!" I landed against something solid, the impact causing me to wince in pain as I slowly opened my eyes. I was greeted by the sight of people pointing up towards the train suspending in mid-air,

The realisation that I landed on the worst possible place hit me instantaneously.

It was the last window where everyone's belongings accumulated and the remaining open space that I landed on allowed me to partially see the people pointing up at me.