Chapter 23 - Trust

A teardrop slid down my left cheek and I hurriedly wiped it away

A teardrop slid down my left cheek and I hurriedly wiped it away. I inhaled shakily, staring at Aquarius with a determined look.

Sacrificing myself for three lives?

It's a no-brainer.

I opened my mouth to agree to her deal when she suddenly chortled, a gleeful look in her eyes.

"It doesn't matter what you do, once you are caught in my water, there's no way out." She said arrogantly, a satisfied smirk on her face as she observed Kim.

Kim was moving about crazily, punching and trying whatever possible method to escape from Aquarius' clutches. Nathan was also punching at the blob of water with all his strength, but it was futile as his fist just pierced through the water. I saw him hovering in the air for a few seconds, before he collapsed on the ground, unable to stay afloat in the air to fly away. Seeing this scene, my heart tightened and I didn't hesitate for a second, exclaiming with a panicked voice.

"I'll do it! I'll do it! I'll go with you! Let them go!"

"Hey, Blink. It's your time to shine." The burning man nudged at Blink, the flames in his hand were still burning brightly as he watched me with wary eyes.

I didn't move from my spot, I wasn't even planning to resist at all. If I do, she might do something worse to the three of them. Blink grabbed at my arm and I noticed that Aquarius still hasn't released them from her torturous clutches, making me struggle in his hold.

"Aquarius, let them go! If you don't, I won't agree to go with you!"

"Oh, sweetie. I don't think you have a say in this anymore." Aquarius answered in a saccharine tone and I gritted my teeth, trying to extricate myself from his grip.

God! I'm so dumb!

What am I doing?!

"No! Let them go!"

"Stay still." Blink growled in annoyance and a weird sensation accompanied after his words. This familiar feeling was definitely him beginning his teleportation, the urgency to break free overwhelmed me and my struggles grew intense.

"Ugh!"

I lit up, my elbow successfully connecting with his abdomen and I broke free, wanting to bolt away when I heard an exploding sound followed by the floor in front of me getting scorched by heat. I screamed, clumsily avoiding the flames, falling flat on the ground, the pain shooting up my body.

"Aren't you taking us too lightly? Jean Saunders." He growled menacingly, narrowing his eyes at me and it scared me. I gasped, scurrying backwards in fright as I stared at him, my eyes wide in terror.

"Agh!" I heard a feminine voice shrieking in pain, and I saw Aquarius being hurled through the air, no longer floating on her block of water. She landed roughly on the ground with another cry of pain, her hand was grasping at her abdomen, a vicious look on her face. Coughing and hacking was heard in the background, and I could see half of Aquarius' abdomen turning into ice, preventing her from moving a single inch.