Chapter 18 - What a Disaster

After making a hasty call, the three of us gathered at the gaming room at the basement level

After making a hasty call, the three of us gathered at the gaming room at the basement level. Kim slipped into the house with her invisibility, following us or more specifically, Nathan, into the basement.

Just when I thought nothing else could surprise me any further, I discovered that there was another whole part to this luxurious penthouse. Nathan strolled into the house and to the basement without a care, making me almost choke on my saliva.

"What if my parents saw you? How are you going to explain it?!"

"Kim can make me invisible, can't she?"

"I have limits for using my powers, I'm not going to waste it on you." Kim said, still invisible. Her tone suggested that she was unhappy at Nathan's words.

"Waste it?" Nathan repeated, offended by her words.

"They don't know you anyway, just give an excuse or something." Kim said half-heartedly, still invisible of course.

I stayed silent, shaking my head at the both of them.

Eventually, we arrived at the basement, safely. The basement was exactly as I interpreted, it was an arcade and gaming room, which many would love if they have a passion for games. From darts, to a soccer table, to gaming consoles, the sight made me speechless.

Kim sighed in relief, her invisibility wearing off as she adjusted her ponytail. I have no idea when she tied her hair up and only now, I realised the similarities in their outfits.

Kim was dressed in entirely black, like Nathan, and even the freaking hoodie! The only difference was the quality of their clothes, Nathan's clothes seemed pretty new while Kim's clothes looked quite tattered.

Unlike Nathan, Kim didn't seem bothered exposing her face to us, standing in front of us with her arms crossed.

"Why aren't you hiding your face?" I asked curiously and she shrugged.

"What's the point? Nothing is gonna change if you guys see my face."

"Well, that's...true." I frowned to myself, slightly puzzled.

"Anyway, I digress, how do we approach this matter?" I questioned, after all, both of them are the ones who will contribute more to this plan of ours.

I don't think I have much say in this.

"Let me listen to the recording." Nathan stretched his hand out to me, listening to the recording with rapt attention.

Hearing the recording made me feel disheartened, a heavy sigh escaping me lips.

"Where is his private residence?" Nathan questioned me, his eyes on me.

"I...I have no idea, I really don't...know..." It upset me greatly, knowing that there was nothing else I can say.

I don't even have a single clue.