Chapter 12 - Speculation

Omni spun back around, letting me see the two flying figures in the distance again. They behind were approaching us at an alarming speed and I squeaked, panicking.

"They are catching up to us!"

"Hold on tight." Omni muttered, loud enough for me to hear as I tightened my grip, my arms around his neck.

A second after I did that, he increased his flight speed drastically, soaring into the air. My eyes widened in horror as my fear instantly washed over me, my head growing dizzy at the cars zooming past the roads, looking like ants.

My world was spinning, feeling myself being moved in different directions and it was starting to make me feel queasy.

Ugh.

I feel sick.

The wind was causing my hair to slap against my face, however, my mind was too occupied to register anything other than my fright. If it was the me before the train incident, I would probably be able to enjoy flying in the air. However, it seems like I didn't do too well with heights now.

"Kill me, why don't you?" I whispered those words out unknowingly, blanching at the dark thoughts in my mind. All I could think about was going splat on the ground if I dropped in one way or another.

"What?" Omni said, confused at my words but his voice was muffled against my ears. I could feel him arriving to a stop, changing his flight path as he flew in a straight path, no longer going upwards.

At that moment, Omni's grip loosened slightly as I felt an impact on his back. He flinched and I slipped a little, the movement causing my heart to jump to my throat. I couldn't even open my mouth to scream, my eyes only widening in return.

He quickly recovered, gripping me securely once again. "I was right, they were after you, we need to lose them."

I couldn't register his words, another dizzy spell hitting me when I slipped. He must have noticed my silent response since I heard him calling out to my name.

Unable to formulate any words, I could only pull myself closer to him, burying my head in his chest. My knuckles were probably turning white at how tightly clasped my hands were.

My mind went back to the day I found myself hanging from the train before falling, seconds away from my death. I could still feel the wind whipping roughly at my face, a soft whimper escaping me.

He seemed to have sensed my frightened state, patting my head comfortingly with his free arm.

"Don't worry, it's okay. I won't let you fall." He murmured softly and I realised I was trembling violently in his arms. Eventually, I felt him slowing down as he continued patting my head in a soothing manner.

"They have stopped chasing after us, it's safe now."

The wind was gentle now, unlike the other time and I felt my fear slowly receding, something encouraging me to lift my head up, just a little. Breathing shakily, I lifted my head up reluctantly, warning myself not to look down again.