Chapter 15 - Kim

My turbulent thoughts didn't help appease the sense of unease within me

My turbulent thoughts didn't help appease the sense of unease within me. All of a sudden, I felt like I couldn't trust anyone around me anymore.

First, it's dad, hiding secrets from me. Next, it's Nathan who hid his identity from me, but I understand his reasons in doing so. Last but not least, it's my best friend that I've known for almost my whole life, that is suspected to be involved in kidnapping me.

"So, how the hell did you end up here? All alone? And from what I saw, you definitely aren't a Apeiron. Neither does this place seem like your home." The mysterious woman questioned me, and I peeked gingerly at the motorcycle mirror.

I couldn't see any more vehicles on our trail, which explains why she decelerated. Giving her a dubious look, I wasn't sure whether to trust her or not.

However, she did save my life, I guess I owe her an answer.

"I was kidnapped." I stated briefly, as if was an everyday fact.

My body lurched forward, bumping roughly against the woman. She halted her motorcycle abruptly, turning sharply towards me.

"Holy shit! For real? Kidnapping?"

"...yep. And it's by Aquarius, that crazy water lady."

That last word made the woman snort. "I wouldn't call her a lady, she's batshit crazy."

I chuckled lightly at her insult for Aquarius, and she broke the cheery atmosphere with another question.

"So, what exactly made you get kidnapped? By the Talbot, especially. They are filthy rich, why are they concerned over someone like you?"

She's blunt and rude, but her words do speak the truth.

I sighed, glancing at up at the sky. "I don't know."

Well, most of it anyway, all I know is that Dad made someone really mad, since he's planning to blow the whistle.

Of course, he hasn't done it yet and I have absolutely no idea why.

"Heh, you are lying. It's so obvious, you are a bad liar. Anyway, it isn't my business to pry."

"Are you always this...brash in your words?"

She suspired at my inquiry, rolling her eyes. "Our gender is way too sensitive to everything--oh damn."

Almost instantly, I heard the engine roaring to life. "How the hell did they find us? I went invisible!"

What?

I frowned at her last few words, my words abruptly cut off by her strong grip on my wrist. "Why the heck do you have this phone?!"

I made a confused noise, looking down at my hand. The smartphone that I stole from the guard was still in my hands, and a thought immediately hit me.