Part 2: The past (Edited)

Special thanks to @jay-I-cee for editing my story.
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

[Sean POV]

It's been a month since that accident happened. The day that was supposed to be the happiest day in my life turned out to be a nightmare.

The guy I thought was the man of my life left me on the day of our wedding. It surprised me to death upon knowing about it. Reading it in the letter that he ran away was too much.

Instead of having Adam beside me as my groom, it was replaced by Peter, his younger brother.

I know very well that he was forced into this, into becoming his brother's substitute, but I also left with no choice, didn't I? The only thing that was on my mind that moment was a disappointment, regret and anger towards Adam and I couldn't think straight.

Rather than pulling Peter down from the altar, I instead spoke a vow together with him. A vow that made us promise to stay side by side through thick and thin, until death separate us.

A vow that made us husband and husband.

Walking into my office that was located at the third floor in the Department of Science which I shared with Freddie Stallone, a colleague and also a friend that understands me the most, I took a seat at my table and began to prepare for my next lecture. My good mood got ruined the moment I opened the upper drawer on my right, when the picture of Adam and I greeted me. It was a picture we took 4 years ago, right after I proposed him to be my boyfriend. That memory was still fresh in my mind.

[Flashback]

We agreed to meet up on Saturday morning at a park near to the college. I was the one who asked him out for a jogging. It was just an excuse that I made just to hide my real agenda. Even though I knew how he hated waking up early on Saturday morning just for a jog, but still I managed to make him agree. For sure I used my charm to make him say yes.

We promised to meet up at 8 o'clock, but due to the excitement and nervousness that engulfed me the night before, I happened to wake up early and patiently waited for him at 7 o'clock in the morning. I didn't even realize that until I checked on my phone screen.

"Dammit! I was one hour early. Silly me for not checking the time beforehand. What should I do now?" I spoke for myself.

Then, I ended up ringing my best friend Freddie.

First, ring.

No answer.

Second, ring.

Still no answer.

Third, ring.

"Dammit! Sean!! WTH are you calling me for early in the morning?" He cursed at me. I really intended to make him pissed off.

"Yeah! It's still early here, but it's already 10 o'clock in New York, man!! Stop being a sleepyhead. Get your ass up!!"

"I don't give a sh*t about time. It's weekend dude. Weekend means I get to sleep all day long. So, stop bugging me." His voice sounded hoarse; obviously he is still not fully awake.