Part 13: Confusion (Edited)

A/N This part is a little bit short, but still i hope you guys enjoy it. :)))))  

Special thanks to @jay-l-cee for editing my story
.....................

[Peter POV]

"Peter!"

"Peter!"

Did I just hear things or Heather's voice sounded like a man?

I turned my back just to meet with the one who had been calling out for my name.

"Jace?! Did you call out for me just now?" I asked puzzled.

"Yeah! That's me."

Having the son of the head director of this university memorize your name in his head is a complete horror. Anytime he can make you kicked out from here if you dare do sh*t towards him.

"S-so....what's up?" I acted tough and friendly-a bit.

"Here...your handkerchief from the other day you helped me out!" He handed out the baby blue, white striped handkerchief towards me and it took me by surprise that he still remember to return it back to me. "Don't worry, I already asked my maid to wash it." He said when I was being reluctant in take it.

"No! No! That's not what I meant. It's just that you didn't have to go through all the trouble to return it back. I didn't mind if you wanted to keep it." The handkerchief still didn't exchange hands.

"Y-yeah...I know! But, I still need to thank you for helping me out the other day and..." He made a pause and lowered his head.

"And...??" I was being impatient waiting for his next words.

"And...I'm sorry about the other day, too. You know, about me almost knocking you down..." He did look into my eyes when he said the sorry words and there was sincerity in it.

Okay~~ this is freaking weird!! I don't remember Jace Paddleton know how to apologize to people. Now, I really hope that Heather was here to watch this other side of him.

Because back then, the only thing I remembered about this guy was that he was the troublemaker. He always got into fights and acted sh*t towards everyone who tried to go against him. Ditching the psychology class was the usual thing he did before. I guess it was not just psychology class, perhaps other classes too.

"I know it's weird for me to ask this...but...are you really Jace Paddleton? Or perhaps his doppelganger? Or maybe his twin?" My brows knitted together and I bit my lower lip.

The only answer I got from him was a big laugh. HAHAHA!

"I guess...you're really Jace Paddleton, then. I get that!!" I formed an awkward giggle for asking him such stupid questions. But, it can't be help right, since he was acting like another person, like... not him at all.

"You're really funny, Pete!! I never thought you would ask me that."

"Yeah! I can't believe myself either..."

"So, are you serious about asking me that question? Do you really think I am a doppelganger or something?" He was mocking me and looked like he was enjoying himself right now.

"I don't know, man! It's just that....you've changed! Like 180 degree. Back then, you were like..." I put a pause because I didn't dare to speak something bad about him, about how he had been a big bastard and caused trouble everywhere he went, that's what I wanted to say to him. But, I stopped before he makes me stop going to this university ever again.

"Back then, you was like...a bastard, a jerk or a troublemaker!! That's what you wanted to say, right?"

Now, I was 101 percent sure he is an alien or some freaking monster, because he can even read my mind!!