Part 17: The gaze (Edited)

A/N Special thanks to @jay-I-cee for editing my story
..................
[Peter POV]

I enjoyed the dinner so much since my mother had cooked all my favourite dishes, and I ate like there's no tomorrow.

"I've saved the butter lemon fish for Sean, I still remember that it is his favourite. So, in case he wakes up late night, just heat it up in the microwave." Said my mother and I just nodded a yes.

Sean didn't join us for the dinner because he was in deep sleep. I did try to wake him up because he looked so worn-out and I just let him be.

That's good that he wasn't here, because I can have all of the foods for myself. HAHA!

"So Pete?! Did Sean treat you well?" Asked my mother in the middle of enjoying our dinner.

"Why're you asking? Do I look like someone who gets abuse? Or does Sean look like someone who is abusive?" I answered monotonously.

"I'm being serious here, Peter! I just care about you...you're my son." My mom put on a stern look and I didn't even dare to joke around anymore.

Putting down the fork and knife, I focused on my mother. "Mom...I know you care about me. But, there's nothing for you to worry about, because Sean had been treating me so well. He's been good to me. Besides, I'm a grown up man. I can take care of myself. So, save your worries, okay?" I put her at ease.

I was about to continue digging into the food again when my mother bombarded me with another question.

"Have you ever thought about getting a divorce?"

Froze!

Stunned!

Thunderstruck!

Why does everybody keep on asking me this murderous question? Seriously, this question is harder than the final exam questions.

Immediately, my appetite got stunted!

"If you want to get a divorce, I will find the best lawyer to fight with Abberheath." Suggest by my father.

Both of my parents kept on gazing at me, whereas I looked at them blankly.

How come they suddenly come out with this topic? Did they secretly talk about this matter behind my back? Or did they decide something without asking me beforehand?

"Mom! Dad! For once can you guys please step out from my business?!! The things between me and Sean have become part of my life now and it is my problem for me to handle. So, from now on I'm begging you...please let me take care of everything on my own without either mom or dad getting involved in it. Please don't ask me to do things your way anymore; I'm sick of it already. Promise me!" I burst out telling them everything that had been lumped inside me.

I gritted my teeth!

The situation got tensed for a moment without any of us exchanging words before my mother decided to utter something.

"Y-yeah! If that's what you want, I promise that I won't decide anything without your approval." Promised my mom.

"Thanks, mom." I sent a smile to my mother before shifting towards my father.

"Me neither! Anything for you, son." My dad also presented me with a smile.

"But, if I can't find way out of my problems, can you guys help me out and listen to me?"

"Yeah! Of course, Pete!" Both of them said in unison. "We will always be there for you." Continued my mom.

I love you mom! Dad!