Part 8: The dinner (Edited)

A/N I've been taking a rest for a day, yesterday. So, I just got time to update for the new part, today. Enjoy :))))

Special thanks to @jay-I-cee for editing my story
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

[Peter POV]

"So, you're saying that bastard Jace Paddleton was talking nicely to you and he even knows your name?" Commented Heather.

"Yeah! He is. It's quite weird, how he can talk nicely to me." Both Heather and I rested on the bench at the park near to the college, after we had finished with our morning class.

"How come he knows your name?"

"The same way we both know him." My gaze was on Heather.

She was totally clueless on what I was talking about.

"We?! You're totally mistaken my words aren't you, Pete? I've told you before that I've never met that guy." She rolled up her eyes, showing how much she despised him.

"Jeez, Heath!! Don't you remember? We were in the same psychology class with him, last semester. And that's where he collected my name from."

"Oh! Really?! Why don't I remember him at all?!" Now, she tried to beat her memory. Recalling and remembering.

"That doesn't matter, actually. As long as he doesn't cause trouble for us, it's more than enough for me."

"Yeah! That's right, Pete. Let's stop talking about that jerk anymore. So, let's get into a more interesting topic." Here she goes again, with that wicked smirk on her face, sending shivers into my spine.

"What is it, Heath?! If you want to gossip about other girls or to talk about your crush... just forget it. I'm not interested." I put both of my cold hands in my jacket pocket. Being outside in this windy weather surely made me shivers in the cold.

"Nah~That's not it. This topic is far more interesting than all of that."

"Just spit it out, Heath!! Don't keep beating around the bush." Sometimes, this girl sure tests my limits.

"It's about the dinner! With Prof. Stallone, sweetheart...Don't tell me that you've forgotten about it."

"Oh gosh!! Is it already, Friday??!! I've totally forget about the dinner until you mentioned it!" I ruffled my hair out of frustration.

"You senile old man!! What were you thinking, that make you forget about this dinner?!"

"Okay.Okay. You nagging granny, Heath!! It's just a dinner, okay. Don't make a fuss over it. Besides that, dinner is tonight not hours ago! I still didn't miss it."

"Yeah! But you would have missed it, if I didn't bring up this topic, isn't it? I can't believe it you took this matter for granted. Sean was looking forward to this dinner, you know. Are you gonna let him down or what?" Heather and her mom mode. Even though she might always nag at me, but she has a golden heart and always care about her friends. However, sometimes she could overreacts a bit. To the extent that I wanted to leave her here and there, and pretend like I don't know her. Haha.

"I know. My mistake, okay. Next time I will write it on my note or make a reminder in my phone. Satisfied?"

She crossed her arms over her chest and wasn't even looking at me.

"Sean, wasn't even making a fuss over this thing, why are you?!" I speak under my breath, in hope that Heather wasn't paying any attention to it.

But, my mistake. We were talking about Heather Wright, now. The girl who's always listening!