4. I'll tell you what I want

• Dedicated to to you. if you've ever felt weak when it comes to addiction

"Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with your self esteem."

― Kurt Cobain

-----------------------

Peirce's pov:

"Oh please give me a ride, Peirce. I really need one, Please!"

She begs and begs. But I don't let her go. My hands grip firmly around her ankles and I try my best to pull her out of my car. Her arms stubbornly hold on to the car seat.

Since I'm not quite healthy I struggle a whole lot with this child.

I give one last attempt and pull "Just . . . get . . . out!"

"No!"

I release her ankles, wiping sweat off my forehead "You are the most annoying girl I've ever met!"

"I was born with it." She smiles.

I glare, "I can tell."

Now that I've stopped trying to pull her out of my car, she gets comfortable and gestures for me to get closer. I stay right where I am. No way do I wanna be near her right now. I'm fuming.

"Peirce," she whines. I look at her. "Give me a ride, please?"

Her tone is childish, her smile is bright.

Okay, I'm weak sometimes. I can't look away now. I'm star-struck.

"Fine, whatever." Quickly, I jump into my car and start the engine. I don't want to see that stupid smile anymore.

She is clearly happy. I can tell by the way she jumps around next to me. Rose happily put on her seatbelt. 

I roll my eyes, "Don't think you can just hitch rides from me any time you want. I still hate you."

"Mmm," she hums "Why do you hate me Peirce Roberts?"

I don't answer. I drive. I wanna go home.

......................................

Rose's POV:

"So tell me what you want what you really, really, want. I'll tell you what I want what I really, really want!"

"I really want you to stop singing!" Peirce shouts over the music. I can hear the agitation seeping into his tone. His eyes never leave the road.

I turn down the radio, a bit "Am I really that bad?"

He shakes his head "Worse. You sound like an animal being tortured."

I begin to sing again just to annoy him "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my fr-"

He shuts the radio off and sighs in relief when my awful singing stops.

I laugh. It's true, I totally suck at singing, but when I do, It feels awesome.

"Ok, I know I'm not good. But this song gets me you know?"

He seems uninterested as he continues to glare at the road.

"Someone is in a really bad mood," I mutter, turning away from him.

He shrugs, "I just wanna get home and sleep."

"Sleep? Dude, it's a Friday and you want to sleep? Why don't we go somewhere, you and me? We could go play basketball! Or dodgeball at the park."

The car screeches to a halt. He glances at the stop sign, "Hey! You almost killed me."