Chapter Two

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and that you enjoy reading this chapter. All votes and comments are welcome as well  :) 

***

"When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you."

– Unknown

***

Asher 

December 2, 2016 

New York City 

Nothing is ever right now a days.

Nothing seems real anymore.

The countless hours of attending meetings, talking to investors, and staying up late to do paperwork seems useless now. 

Why am I even doing this? Who am I doing this for?

Thea.

Everything seems to correlate back to her ever since that night she left me. I could be in a meeting with my stock holders and she will pop up in my head with her beautiful smile and long brown hair falling around her angelic face.

Why did everything come back to her? She is eating my brain and distracting me from what is important, which is pushing my company back to how it used to be before Walker had taken over the business world.

He is unstoppable with his new inventions and projects catching the eyes of everyone around him while I am still trying to fund money for scientists. I honestly don't even know what had happened, one day the company is floating in money the next day I am scavenging every corner for a penny.

I know I can make it great again but my mind seems to want something else...someone else.

Frustrated I throw the wine glass across the room and slam my hands on the table. I roll up my white dress shirt sleeves and pull my hair back. Raph enters while I am pacing around the room with an angry expression on my face.

"You're a mess," he says simply.

I snort and turn around to grab a beer from the fridge, I need something strong to help me.

"Seriously Asher, the company is barely even making a dollar anymore."

"Don't you think I know that," I snap.

My eyes land on the streets of the busy city of New York. Cars zoom by and lights litter the city casting huge colors to flash here and there. I could even see tiny people walk the streets trying to get to places in a hurry or simply just out for a walk. It is early December and everyone is all hyper about the holidays just being around the corner but here I am being the Grinch.

"I can't.....I can't think anymore," I whisper.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I accept it because I need it if I like it or not.

"You miss her don't you?"

"Of course not," I say quickly.