Chapter Twenty One

***

"Love doesn't make sense. You can't logic your way into or out of it. Love is totally nonsensical. But we have to keep doing it, or else we're lost and love is dead and humanity should just pack it in. Because love is the best thing we do."

- Ted Mosby

***

Thea 

I didn't move. I just stare at him, daring him to even move a muscle.

"Why is he here?" Asher asks Raph who is also standing in the living room.

"We brought him here because we need his help."

"We don't need help from anyone and especially not him," I snap fuming.

Walker smirks. "Well that's not what the clue says."

I am about to rip his face off, but I stop myself when I see Zeke giving me a look. His words ring around me and I start to calm myself down.

He's not worth it.

"Where's the clue?" I ask calmly.

Raph gives me a wrinkled piece of paper and I take it gently from him. Once, he hands me the paper I look at him from the corner of my eye to see if we look anything alike. Woods could have easily lied to me, but knowing I have a family brings warmth to my chest. I share the same green enchanting eyes as him, but his dark hair contrasts with my light brown hair.

"My next clue will lead you to your final destination. Everything is wrapping up to where it all started. Everything happened here; life, friendship, love, betrayal, and death," Asher reads over my shoulder snapping me from my thoughts.

"I don't see how this concerns you," I say with no emotion.

"Re read the clue and tell me where you think it is."

Everything happened here.

Where it all started.

"The Tech started off at a lab, but how does life, friendship, love, betrayal and death happen there? I mean I can see friendship and love even betrayal from Black, but what about life and death?"

"It can mean life as in a new beginning the Tech was supposed to bring and death could mean the destruction of the Tech," Leo suggests.

"So it's in the lab?" I say confused.

"And who do you think owns the lab?"

I look up at Walker and a feeling of despair washes over me.

"You."

***

We are all back in the Ship that Raph and Leo had brought over. Zeke is running around and kissing every wall making me roll my eyes. I seriously think he has a major attachment problem with this damn ship. As I am walking the halls I spot Raph talking on his phone in a hushed tone.

"Yes Char I am fine.....No Thea is okay......No you cannot come see her.....Because I said so.....okay fine bye... I love you too."

A smile appears on my face as I hear the cute conversation of the two love birds. He hangs up and turns around to find me looking at him with a smirk.

"Your heard that," he says scratching his back.

"Yup."

The almighty Raph starts blush and I laugh at his uneasiness. "Tell me why you two aren't married yet?"