Chapter Twenty Three

***

"They say love is blind. I disagree. Infatuation is blind. Love is all-seeing and accepting. Love is seeing the flaws and blemishes and accepting them. Love is accepting the bad habits and mannerisms, and working around them. Love is recognizing all the fears and insecurities, and knowing your role is to comfort. Love is working through all the challenges and painful times. Infatuation is fragile and will shatter when life is not perfect. Love is strong and it strengthens because it is real." 

-Unknown 

***

Thea 

I snap out of concentration when I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. Honestly, I been taken into hostage too many times that having a phone is just a waste of money at this point. Raph being himself didn't listen to me and bought me the phone against my argument. Taking it out I see a text from Leo telling me that a meeting to get the Tech was about to start. Still confused on why Zeke has all these stuff I exit the room.

"Everyone okay with the plan," Asher says.

We all nod.

"Good because we go in tomorrow night."

The plan is simple. Walker had built his own lab around the old one, so he had complete access to it. He will lead us to the lab without raising any suspicion and we would destroy it once we find it.

"One more thing, I can only take two people with me," Walker says.

"What do you mean only two?" Asher says annoyed.

He just shrugs. "Think of it as a part of the deal."

"It doesn't matter we don't need many people to go anyways," Raph says.

"I am going," I say. "I don't care who else goes, but I will go."

No one dared to argue with me, but I can feel Zeke's and Asher's gaze on me.

"I don't think-"

"Zeke if she made up her mind on something it's hard to change it," Raph says cutting off Zeke.

Zeke nods his head, but I can see that he still didn't like the fact that I am going.

"Then I am going with her," Asher says not looking at me.

I am not surprised he wants to go, but I hoped that he wouldn't. He has been ignoring me ever since that kiss and I shouldn't have expected anything different, but it still frustrates me. I knew that I shouldn't have let him kiss me, but it was like my body had a complete mind of its own that moment.

"Then its final Martinez and Woods will accompany me to the lab," Walker says with smirk.

I glare at him for using that name. Funny how things change so fast, at first, I hated the name Cahill now I despise the name Woods.

We all go to our rooms to rest up for the mission, but I was pacing back and forth trying to figure out if I should confront Zeke about the room. I still don't understand why he has Russian plans and weapons, from my knowledge he's an Australian.

Sometimes not everything is what it seems to be.

My mom's voice echoes across my mind, but as much as my mom might be right, thinking that Zeke could be lying to me is imaginable. He has been there for me and saved my life countless time... just like Mike.

If Zeke is a traitor then the world must have something against me for making my life so complicated. No, he can't be a traitor.

He just can't be.