Chapter Nineteen

Happy National Doughnut Day!!!

***

"You may think that your only choices are to swallow your anger or throw it in someone's face... But there is a third option- you can just let it go. And only when you do that is it really gone, and you can move forward." 

- Ted Mosby

***

Thea 

His body lays lifelessly on the cold ground with blood all over his face and chest. I am still fuming with hatred that I fire my gun three more times into his chest to make sure he's dead. The reality of killing a human didn't come to me until I feel someone push me back. Zeke kneels before Woods and tries to take his pulse, while Asher holds me against his chest.

"He's dead," Zeke says softly.

The gun that I have been holding on to for dear life falls out of my grip and lands on the ground before my feet. I start shaking violently and hot tears flows down my cheeks. Asher tightens his arms around me and tries to calm me down.

"What have I done," I whisper.

I killed a human.

I killed the man I once saw as my father.

I am now a murder, a real one.

"Leave the body here," Asher speaks calmly.

"But-"

"It will be traced back to Mike since he is already in custody from stealing the Mona Lisa."

Zeke nods his head in understanding and steps away from the body.

"What?" I ask.

"While you were gone we saw Mike, when he started to run we cornered me and got the clue. We contacted the police so he's in jail now for stealing the Mona Lisa," Zeke explains.

"We were going to just stay at the house but if you..."

"It's fine," I say emotionless.

"Are you sure?" Asher asks.

I look up at him and give him a faint smile. "I am sure."

***

It's weird being back in the house. I never thought I would come back here and see my old room. Everything just feels so unreal.

Sitting down on my bed I start to rethink the last couple of hours. Zeke is right, I am not in control anymore. Every time I get into a fight it's like a demon has possessed me and ever since I been in jail my mind has been in unease.

I am not normal anymore.

I am a monster.

A soft knock sounds at my door making me look up from the ground. Zeke's comes in between the door with a huge smile on his face.

"Can I come in?"

I nod and he takes a seat next to me on my bed.

"I am sorry," I say softly after a few minutes of silence. "I should have listened to you but I didn't. You're right I don't have any control over myself and....and... I am a monster..."

He wraps his arms around me and tucks my head between his shoulders. "You're not a monster shorty."

"I killed someone."