Chapter Twenty Two

***

"I just stepped on a cornflake. Now I am officially a cereal killer." 

- Kevin the Minion 

***

It's funny how fate works. You can never predict it or change what has been decided, I guess that's what makes fate, well fate, but as I look down I realize fate is also cruel.

I thought he had died.

I thought I would never see his face ever again, yet he lays before me with his chest rising and falling like a normal person. The only problem is that I can't see his eyes. I can't see the blue eyes that holds hope and love in them.

"How long?" I ask.  

"About a month after the night," Raph replies.

A year.

A whole year Caleb has been in a coma.

"The doctors say there's no hope, but I can't seem to let him go."

I nod understanding him completely. Even I can't fathom a world without him in it, especially now that I know how special he is to me, but we need to let go... I need to let him go. Keeping him here like this isn't fair, not for us or to him.

"I will do it," I say.

"Thea I would never ask you to do that."

"I know, but someone has to do it and I want to."

Many deaths have gone by as a mystery in my life. I always question whether they are actually gone or not, I can't do that with him. I need the closure that he is gone and will never come back. I need to do this to heal the pain.

"Thea are you sure?"

"Of course I am."

"Then why are you shaking," he asks while putting his warm hands around mine.

I look at them and realize just how much of a mess I am. My whole body is shaking and my eyes are burning yet no tears have spilled.

"We can't keep him here like this."

"I know."

"We are just hurting ourselves and him."

"I know.

"We need to let go."

"I know," he whispers again. I look at him with teary eyes and he brings me to his chest. He starts rocking me back and forth as I try to not explode in front of him. "You know it's okay to cry."

"I know," I whisper back and that's what I did for the next two hours. I cried while Raph held me in his arms and kissed my head once in a while.

"Why can't I let him go Raph? It's the right thing to do."

"Sometimes what we need to do isn't always what we want to do."

I wipe my tears away and look at Caleb one more time. He has tubes sticking everywhere along his body and a monitor to his side with his heartbeat. Reaching out I hold his cold hands and bring them to my lips. Kissing his hand I move up to his forehead and plant one last lingering kiss.

"I love you and I am going to miss you," I say silently. Pulling away I wipe away the tears that escaped on to his forehead and look at Raph with a faint smile.

Squeezing my hand in understanding he gets up with me. "Together?"

I smile and shake my head. Raph grabs my hand and we reach over and hover over the switch.

"Wait," Raph says. Without letting go of my hand he leans over and plants a kiss on Caleb's forehead just like I did. "Love you little man."

Closing my eyes we hit the switch and the beeping sound turns into a flat sound. Tears start running through my face uncontrollably and I start to shake again. Raph pulls me against his chest and I cry along with him. I never seen a man cry before until this very moment. If someone told me I would be comforting a crying Raph a year back I would think that they were crazy. A man like Raph isn't supposed to cry and seeing him like this breaks my heart even more.

"Even if Caleb isn't around you still have me, Char, Leo, and Asher."

I scoff. "I am not sure about that last one."

"Don't worry Bella if he hurts you then I won't hesitate to hurt him back, after all you are my little sister."

I laugh and smile at his nickname for me.

"What does Bella mean?" I ask. "You been calling me that since the first day I meet you."

"It means beautiful in Italian."

I smile at him and hug him again. "I am going to miss him."

"Me too."

***

We are back in the ship and I am walking around trying to clear my head. I know I did the right thing of freeing him, but I am still human. I just lost someone that I had failed to realize was my brother. He was so close to me, but I was too far from him to reach me.

I am back where I was a few days ago, but this time the door opens to reveal Zeke walking out from it. Quickly I slide a small box that's lying next to me to stop the door from closing. I hide myself until he is completely away from my sight to go into the room.

The room is pitch dark until the lights automatically switch back on surprising me. Looking around the room my eyes went wide.

Weapons.

Every inch of the wall is covered with all sort of weapons. In the middle of the room is a huge touch screen computer filled with layouts of the ship as well as a layout of something that looks like a building floor. Confused I brush my fingertips across the screen until they find words scribbled across them.

Russian.

Why the hell does Zeke have Russian weapons? 

***

Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn

Please vote, comment, and share even though I am getting lazier at updates.