Chapter Sixteen

To clear up any confusion, I have mentioned Mark in the previous book, but he had not made an appearance yet. If you don't know who he is it's fine, it is not important right now, because you will find out who he is later in the book. Also this book has about nine more chapters :)

***

"You were born an original, don't die a copy."

-John Mason 

***

Thea 

I never noticed how just how huge the ship is until now, as I walk through the long dark halls alone. Shivering from the cold I wrap my jacket around me closer. My soft steps echo across the halls and my shadow stretches along the walls like I am in some kind of horror movie.

Maybe I should just go back to my room.

Turning back around I walk back towards my room, but realize I walked deeper into the ship that I had intended to. A door that is closed had caught my attention as I walk pass it, curious I walk back towards the door.

It is a locked door like most of the doors on the ship, but what really made me curious is that it is locked with a password.

Curiosity is my weakness, it's what made me turn back around that night in the alley that changed my whole life. Tracing my fingers across the key pad I try to think what can be so special behind this door. The lights start to flicker as I stand in the empty hallway starting at the door. Taking a step back I start to walk away, but stop then the lights completely turn off.

We might have just blew a fuse sense we been using a lot of the energy for auto piolet. Thinking not much of it I continue walking through the pitch dark hallways with my hands guiding me. Before I can take another step forward an arm wraps around my waist and pulls me backwards. A hand covers my mouth preventing me from screaming.

I thrash around in the person's arm and struggle to get free. The grip around my mouth and waist loosens and I can feel the person relax behind me. Taking this as an advantage I escape from the grip and turn around quickly to punch my ambusher, but my hand gets caught. Before I know it I am yanked and pushed against the wall. The lights start to flicker back on and I gasp as I see who my ambusher is.

"Asher," I whisper.

His chocolate brown eyes looked at me in relief, his hair is messily piled on top of his head, and he looks more tired from the last time I saw him. He leans in until our foreheads are touching and without thinking my body relaxes against his touch. His hand that's around my wrist went to my waist and he pulls me against his chest with his head on top of mine.

Who would have thought I would live to have Asher Martinez hug me?

"Asher are you okay?"

"Of course I am."

"Are you sure? I mean if you haven't noticed already you are hugging me, as in hugging like showing compassion."

His chest vibrates and a sound escapes his mouth that I missed so dearly. "Can't believe I am saying this but I missed your snarky remarks Cahill."

"Would say the same, but I kind of liked a year Asher free," I say as a joke.

He pulls me away from the hug and he looks at me in a way that makes my heart do backflips, but I quickly stop the feeling as I remember what he said to me months ago. Asher opens his mouth as if he is going to say something, but two strong arms wraps around me pulling me away from Asher.