Chapter Five

Thank you billiekahu for all the lovely comments :) 

***

"I was falling. Falling through time and space and stars and sky and everything in between. I feel for days and weeks and what felt like lifetime across lifetimes. I fell until I forgot I was falling."

- Unknown 

***

Thea   

I close my eyes and try to concentrate on where my target is at.

My whole body is in pain but I ignore it. I am so close to freedom but the only thing chaining me down are these binds, literally. I push the chair one more time just hard enough to have it flying to the floor bringing me down with it.

My shoulder slams against the concrete floor causing pain to erupt through my arm. Biting down on my mouth I hold back the scream and get up slowly. I stretch out my arms to guide me through the pitch dark room and start walking around hoping there is some kind of exit in here. With my luck I could be in a never ending room and I could be holding my arm like a freaking zombie for the rest of my life.

I take the imagination thing a little bit too far.

After a bit of walking I hear something click in the distant. Tensing up I make my footsteps light and slowly walk forward, I can hear breathing and footsteps coming to my direction. When I am about only a few feet away from the sound I stop walking.

One.

I breathe in quietly through my nose and try to slow down my beating heart.

Two.

I pull my arms into self-defense mode. I close my eyes and try to concentrate on where my target is at.

Three.

I lunge myself forward and tackle the person onto the floor. I try to punch their face but my hand quickly get pulled away. I get pushed back and I land on my back.

Damn this person is strong.

I feel strong hands pin my hands above my head and a blinding light flashes on to my face making me shut my eyes close.

"Now who the fuck do you think you...Shorty?"

Confused I open my eyes and sure enough a pair of silver eyes shine right back at me.

"Get off of me," I grumble.

"I don't know I kind of like this position," he says smirking.

I glare at him.

He chuckles and surprisingly holds out a hand to pull me up but I brush it off and get up by myself. He just shrugs and continues to point the damn flashlight on my face.

"Zeke would you please point the damn flashlight somewhere else?"

"Hey look Grumpy used his manners."

"Seriously," I say with a blank face. "Do you really think it is an appropriate time for a Disney movie reference?"

"There is no bad time for Disney my friend."

I roll my eyes and walk the direction I was walking towards before I got rudely irrupted.

"Where are you going?"