Chapter Ten

RELEASE ME REACHED #10 ON THE HOT LIST THIS WEEK!!!! Also go check out the Valentines day bonus chapter about Rafe and Char! 

***

"I am not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche 

***

Thea

I never felt the impact.

My bones didn't break nor did I fly miles away.

I didn't know who saved me but deep inside me I wish that Asher's face is what I see when I open my eyes. He may think it was a mistake but I can never stop thinking about him no matter how much I try. Slowly I open my eyes and see his beautiful eyes. He is smiling at me with his perfect white teeth and dimples. A warm feeling erupts in my stomach making me feel like I am a teen again.

He picks me up but I still stare at his beautiful eyes. My hands reach up to his soft brown hair and run my fingers through them.

He came.

Is this real or am I dreaming?

I have been starting at him for a while and he didn't disappear, he only got more real by the passing second. He set me down on the floor and looks at me with a concerned face, my smile turns into a frown when he starts shaking me.

"Shorty! Snap out of it!

I let out a gasp and blink rapidly. Slowly Asher's face starts to disappear and Zeke's face came into view.

Oh, not this again!

Of course it isn't him, why would Asher be here much less save me? I mean nothing to him and he should be nothing to me.

"Okay Shorty you're really starting to scare me. I know I am hot but you need some self-control."

I roll my eyes at his comment and get up.

"What are you doing here?" I grumble still annoyed I let my imaginations get the best of me again.

"Wait what was that?! Oh you're so thankful that I saved your pretty little ass."

"Yeah thanks."

"Killing yourself is not going to fix anything."

I grit my teeth at his comment. "I wasn't trying to kill myself."

"My bad then you must have been very sleepy if you thought the damn road is a bed!"

"Godamnit I fell okay! Some guys with weird tattoos were chasing me!" I yell. "You know what? I don't even know why the hell I am explaining myself to you."

Zeke looks at me with a frown and a confused face. Having enough of him I turn around and start walking away.

Fucking asshole.

"Were they numbers?"

Confused I turn around. "What?"

"The tattoos... were they numbers?"

I try thinking back and nod. Zeke's face turns pale and he starts running his fingers through his hair. He is pacing around with an expression of fear and anger. Suddenly, he walks over to me and grabs my hand.

"What the hell Zeke!"

All he did is pull me with him as he runs through the streets.

"Just follow me okay? It's not like you have anything better to do."