DFxPL CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: THE CASE OF THE SECRET SANTA (Part 1)

DFxPL Christmas Special: The Case of the Secret Santa (Part 1: Intersection)

A/N: A special chapter crossover of Detective Files and Project Loki brought to you by yours truly and AkosiIbarra! Enjoy reading!

***

Bridle's ground is very busy for the upcoming Christmas activities. May mga booth per Grade at kung anu-ano pang mga kaartehan ng SSC bilang paghahanda sa pagsalubong sa pasko. I am neither an SSC officer nor a class officer kaya wala akong masyadong ginagawa at nakatambay lamang sa cafeteria. As usual, I am with the rest of the gang na abala sa mga ginagawa sa kani-kanilang mga laptop lalo na sina Math at Jeremy na siyang class president at VP. Gray, who's a class officer wasn't busy at all. Oh, he's busy but not with school activities and other works kundi sa pagte-text and I don't have any idea who is he texting with.

He still act like there's nothing wrong and now I'm cool with it. Or maybe I just don't care.

"Sana ngayong pasko ay maalala mo pa rin ako....."

Jeremy is singing such song since we entered the cafeteria. Mahina lamang ang pagkakakanta niya ngunit punong-puno ng puso. What's with him?

"Jeremy what are you doing?", Math asked him with a brow raised.

"Working."

"Working with what?"

"School works."

Bigla na lamang hinila ni Math ang laptop ni Je at hinarap ito. "You're not working. Nagcha-chat ka lang eh!", Math said at agad namang binawi ni Jeremy ang kanyang laptop at pinagpatuloy ang ginagawa.

"Joke lang! May inaasikaso ako", he replied with a wide grin. Err? Ano naman ba ang pinagkakaabalahan niya? "Oh siya nga pala, may pinapabigay sa iyo si Sir Rolly, Gray."

He got a red envelope in his bag and shove it towards Gray's direction. Nakuha naman niyon ang atensyon ni Gray kaya inilapag nito ang cellphone sa gilid at kinuha ang sobre sa mesa.

He checked the content of the letter while I continue to enjoy my pizza. Lately, I've been uninterested with the affairs of the gang. It all started after "that" happens. Pinagpatuloy lamang nila ang mabuting pakikitungo sa akin pagkatapos ng mga nangyari. None of them even asked for an apology. Oh crap. No one's asking for apology since an "owed apology" started it all.

And I will never be be the first one to say the S word. Like Never! Hello people, biktima din ako and I am not the bad guy that everyone thinks I am.

"Passes for a press con together with a letter", Gray said. "Do you want me to read it aloud?"

"Sige Gray", Math and Je chorused. Saglit na nagkatinginan ang dalawa and they both scowled at each other.

"Amber?"

"Go ahead", I said nonchalantly. Actually they can just read it without my consent. No need to ask for it, duh.

"On the second thought, maybe you'll have to read it yourself", Gray announced. "This is a big event and I don't know if you are willing to go. Maybe the contents of the letter will persuade you to."

Marahas na tumayo ako mula sa pagkakaupo. My chair even made a noise which caused some students to divert their attention on our table. It wasn't intentional and now I hated my bratty attitude which caused the attention on us now.

"I'm leaving."

Napatingin silang lahat sa akin and all their brows formed into a V line.

"Why? Where are you going?"