CHAPTER 27: CRAZY CONDITION

Chapter 27: Crazy Condition

"Hindi pa ba tayo aalis?", I asked Red promptly habang nagpalipat-lipat siya ng tingin sa aming dalawa ni Stef. On the other hand, Mnemosyne was giving him a confused look and I have a feeling that they're up for something.

"If you are thinking how to get rid of me, well you can't. Whether you like it or not, I will go with you", deklara ko and they groaned in disappointment.

"Do you know how much dangerous it is to come along with us?", Red asked me. "We're not going to an amusement park, you know."

Pinaikot ko ang eyeballs ko dahil sa kanya. Who says I'm expecting that we're heading to an amusement park? "Oh, I know. We are heading to a rest house where a reaper is killed. How about that?"

"And still you are going with us?"

"Bakit, bawal ba?"

Stef took a deep sigh. "I don't think they will allow you to go with us. Not Cronus, not Tita Athena and definitely none of the boys." Her face twitched a little when she said "boys".

Inayos ko ang pagkakaupo ko sa loob ng chopper. "Let me refresh you what he said kanina. I cannot allow any Vander to go. And like I said, I am not a Vander so there's no restrain for me. Now if you want to find out what really happened to your friend, hurry and let's go."

"He's not our friend. We don't have friends", sagot ni Stef. Her face was serious as always.

"Oh, I thought you and Red are friends? And you're friends with the others too?"

"Being a reaper means being no attachments. So no friends."

I looked outside. "You could just break the rule if you want to." Why am I acting like a sick adviser here? Well, maybe that's what having friends have made me. Kahit iilan lang ang kaibigan ko, at least I know I have real ones.

Wala nang nagkomento pa sa sinabi ko at pinaandar na ni Red ang sasakyang panghimpapawid. After few minutes, we reached the rest house kung nasaan ang sinasabi nilang reaper. It was a private rest house na pag-aari mismo ng pinaslang na reaper. Pagdating namin ay nakalutang pa sa tubig ang katawan nito habang suot ang kanyang summer shorts. His body was discovered when the caretaker arrived at napansing wala ang among si Hector. Siya namang pagdating ni Xavier and that's how he decided to call the mafia first before the police.

"Oh, the 'almost a Vander-Morisson' is here."

Napalingon ako sa pinanggalingan g boses. It was someone that I knew from a dinner with the Morissons.

Xavier.

From the very first time that I met them, he had an instant dislike for me and vice versa. Hello, paano ko sila magugustuhan kong harap-harapan nilang binabastos si Dad?! Well, me too but that doesn't count. Okay lang sa akin kahit bastusin nila ako but my Dad? No way.

Umirap lang ako at lumapit sa bangkay na iniahon ng isang lalaki. I think he is an expert in identifying dead bodies except that he's not part of the police. Probably from the mafia.

"Oh so you are ignoring me, my 'almost cousin?", wika ni Xavier nang sumunod pa rin siya sa akin. "What are you doing here by the way? I don't think you can be any of help. You do not seem so useful at all."

When I gave him a glare ay napansin kong napatingin sa akin sina Stef at Red. Xavier gave me a half smile na para bang hinihintay niya rin ang sagot ko sa sinabi niya.

"Ikaw? Bakit nandito ka pa? I don't think you are useful here too. It's not like you will help in deducing what happened to this dead body", wika ko sa kanya. I saw his lips twitch like he was preventing himself from hitting me.