CHAPTER 13: AND THEN THERE WERE NONE

Chapter 13: And Then There Were None

"How far have you gone Alonzo?", tanong ni Gray sa kasama na abala sa kakatingin sa nagkalat na mga panggatong sa paligid. There were also bloods scattered on the ground at abala ang mga pulis sa pag-iimbestiga sa paligid.

The two teens wandered on the area but the police don't mind their presence. Bakit? It is because their presence is highly recommended by one of the police detectives na si Detective Tross. Ayon sa kanya kanina, the two are his apprentice at magandang training ground para sa dalawa ang presensya nila sa crime scene.

The police discovered a body, bludgeoned with an axe on his back. Sa initial investigation ng mga pulis, nalaman nilang ang biktima ay si Roger Berido, isang may-ari ng upholstery shop. He was found at his yard in an unmanly state. His body was already moved for further investigation. Through the help of the experts, they knew that he died around 11 PM last night based on his postmortem.

"Something's off Silvan", Khael said as his eyes focused thoroughly on the area. Kahit tila tutok siya doon, it seems that his mind is wandering somewhere. "Do you remember the case last week?"

"Which one?"

"The poisoning at the Lagrosas Residence. Hindi ba't nakapagtatakang may nabasag na figurine sa lugar kung saan natagpuan ang bangkay ng biktima?", Khael asked.

"And? Hindi nakapagtataka iyon, maybe she struggled when she tasted the poison kaya nasagi niya ang figurine."

"No, think outside the box. Then there's yesterday's case. We figured out that Diana Manalo died because of pillow murder at hindi dahil sa bangungot gaya ng inisyal na imbestigasasyon ng mga pulis. We figured it the moment we found the fresh mascara mark on her white pillow which gives us the clue that she was pillow murdered. And there there's a broken figurine on her bedside again just like the previous murder. And now here, with this broken jar figurine on the yard", Khael said as he tried to make Gray follow his point.

"Ibig mo bang sabihin may koneksyon?"

Khael nodded his head. "Sabi nga nila, at first murder you find the motive. On the second, find the connection. Third? Well I guess we have a serial killer on the loose."

Napaisip din si Gray sa sinabing iyon ni Khael. He was trying to connect it by following the trail that Khael has given. "Tama ka Alonzo! Now I get it! There's a pattern!"

Lumapit si Detective Tross at nakiusyoso sa usapan nila. "Pattern? What do you mean Gray?"

"Yes Detective Tross. The way of murder, the figurines. Doesn't it rings a bell?", Gray asked turning to Khael and Detective Tross. The detective looked puzzled and shook his head.

"Silvan's right! I guess our killer is somewhat addicted to Agatha Christie's crime novels!", pagsang-ayon ni Khael sa sinabi ni Gray. His facial expression was as bright as Gray's after having some light in the case.

The detective waved his hands in front of the dreamy boys. "Wait, kayo lang yata ang nagkakaintindihan. Ano ba ang ibig ninyong sabihin?"

Gray let out a victorious smile. "This case is connected to last week's poisoning case and yesterday's pillow murder."

"What? I mean paano niyo naman nasabi?"

Tinuro ni Khael ang basag na jar figurine sa tabi. "Do you see that broken thing? Hindi ba't may ganyan din- not really a jar but any figurine on the two previous murder?"