Chapter 1:

"Thank you guys so much." I yell through the microphone at my fans screaming through the roof. 

"Panic, Panic, Panic." They started chanting waiting for more but eventaully once they know that I'm not coming back and the shows over I see them through the curtain starting to leave.

"That was another awesome show good job." My manager Gail says with enthusiasism over the roof. He lifts his hand up and I give him a high five before walking away sighing.

They don't know me, I thought it would hurt less snd less but they don't really care. I was America Singer but when the Crowned Prince Of Illea chose Princess Kriss people quit caring about me and I faded away into a dark pit of the unknown, nobody really knows or cared about what happend to America Singer so I disappeared, and eventaully I became the girl everyone forgot about. They would see me now as a disappointment anyway. 

     After the selection I was miserable I went from place to place drinking my way through my problems until I ran out of money, so I played on the streets with my guitar and worked my way up. People call me panic because they don't really care to know my name. It's not like anyone asks my real name so I tell them to call me panic my singer name. I write songs about the country and the people love it. I see my name on billboards almost everywhere. My most famous song is about how people should be able to have any practice in religion. Eventaully once people understood it was wrong they started protesting by singing my song through the streets with signs. Now the government is considering changing the law so their is no one religion or belief dominating the country. 

     I also created a plan where some of the rich people in the high castes would have to pay higher tax than the people in the lower castes and that started hell. People were going through riots. I helped I went to all the meetings and I took place in some of the protests trying to let the government make it a law, and when they finally did they called me a saint, they said I was their queen, they called me immortal. It was ridiculous. 

     I look different now to. I got a couple piercings on my ear, and I wear sunglasses almost all of the time including my concerts because I don't want them to see me, to be able to see my weakness, my sorrow. 

God I need a drink. My hands are shaking waiting for the relief only alchoal can give me. I go into the bar right next to the stadium.

"I'll have a vodka straight." I tell the bartender who gives me a unsure look before getting a glass for me.

"That'll be $2.15." He says giving me the glass of vodka. Once I give him my debit card he goes to do his business and leaves me be.

     After I take one sip I feel relieved. Call me an addict or whatever but this helps me. I need this. I've never tried to stop so I'm not sure if I'm addicted or if I just need a drink every night, but I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. It was all good until my loud phone started ringing with confidence. I make a mental not to turn my ringer off right after the call.

"Hello?" I say twirling the straw around my glass of vodka. 

"Hi can you get me America Singer on the phone." They ask quietly. Oh great what happened I can't remember the last time someone used my real name. Not even my manager Gail asked my name not that I'd tell him anyway, and he's the most person I socalize with.

"This is she." I say firmly. Matching his mood.

"We need you to come to the palace in Angeles early this week to discuss some things with you." The speaker says.

 "Sorry but I'm out of town all next week." I shoot them down quickly. The last thing I need is to cancel another concert. I've already cancelled 2 because I was sick, I can't cancel more. I take another sip of my drink to keep my hands from shaking because I have been sober all day.

"We need you to be at the palace at 3 PM tomorrow a plane will pick you up and bring you to the palace at the Hilton resort where you're staying at noon be there." The person says irritated and then hangs up for no reason. Great. I order another drink before I get woozy and make my way to my hotel room. Once I lay on the bed for a second I fall right to sleep.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

MAXONS POV

     My back hurts. Yesterday my dad whipped me for the third time this week, but for a different reason. Earlier this week he found my papers on my desk about disolving the castes when he hands the crown to me, and he told me I was dumb to believe they should be taken away and he took me to his office, and the next day when he kept mocking me about disolving the castes I yelled at father saying Illea needs to have the castes gone and I called him a foolish king to keep them and I got more slashes, then today I told him kriss couldn't have an heir, due to the fact her stomach couldn't hold an heir and I would have to marry again I got a lot of slashes, more than all week put together for that.

     Now I'm in the advisors room while they call America and tell her to come to the palace, to start over. I should have gained the crown to become king after the wedding with Kriss, but father said that he would wait for an heir to hand it over. At least that's what he said. I think he wanted to stall to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. I kept thinking about father when I hear a hello come from the phone that's on speaker.

"Hi can you get me America Singer on the phone." The head advisor Carson says. I haven't heard anything about America in so long. It's like she dissapeared. It's strange I hear things about how some of the girls who stayed about an hour into the selection get caught walking into stores and weird stuff but I haven't heard about the girl who was one of the last two in the selection. 

"This is she." I hear her say. God I miss her. Everything about her. Kriss and I had a weird marriage we never had sexual intercourse. Ever. Not that I'd force her or anything. After the wedding it was almost as if she was just as miserable as I was, and hardly ever attended dinners, we only held hands in public, and what not. 

     The advisor keeps talking to America and I can't help but think why does she would sad? She sounds like she's lost the light in her voice and eyes. I hope when I get to see her I'll get to make her light up just like I used to I miss her so much I haven't realized it till now but I really want her by my side here and now.  

     After the phone calls over I head to my fathers office and knock quietly. 

"Come in boy." He bellows loudly. I open the door and walk in his office to see him holding a Manila folder in his hands. 

"Have you heard about panic son?" My father says leaning on his desk giving me an intimidating look.

"Yes father I have isn't it that singer who started the religious free movement?" I ask him trying now to get him to blow his top.

"Exactly now it has come to my attention that America Singer the only single girl left remaining in the selection is coming here to try to work it out with you, and if it doesn't you'll have another selection. I found out that she is panic the girl behind panic and I need you make her marry you. If she does you'll have the crown before the wedding." He says sneakily, leaving me confused.

"Why do you want me to marry her? I thought you hated America." I say almost to myself.

"The people love her. If she comes here and they find out you to didn't work out it could start rebelling, the lower castes would start a war for sure. I also think it would be foolish to have another selection it's a waste of time. You make her girl fall in love with you and you'll be king. Don't fail me son." He gestures off to me.

"You're dismissed." He dismissing me. When I look down I have the file of panic who is America Singer.

Oh boy.