Chapter 10

Maxon's POV

      It's been three weeks I miss her so much. I want to give her as much time as possible and not push her to make a choice she's not comfortable with so I haven't talked to her. I'm waiting for her to come to me but that doesn't mean that I've been having no interaction at all, during dinners and breakfasts When she'll look at me I'll smile or do something but we haven't actually spoken in three weeks. I haven't been getting sleep either because after three weeks of her sleeping in the same bed as me I've gotten used to her presence and cuddeling but now I have nobody to hold and It's killing me. 

      I told father that I want America to be comfortable with me and that if it took three years to propose correctly I would wait, and I told him I didn't care about when he handed over the crown and the deal was off. He didn't take that well either. 

     I'm currently in my study quietly still trying to find a way to dissolve the castes without ruckus or father finding out when the alarms go off. I get up quickly, put the confidential files in a drawer and lock it, then I go the safe room taking the long way that passes America's door so I can make sure she's okay. When I walk by America's room she's nowhere to be seen and I go into the safe room implying that she's already there.

She's not, and the guards won't let me out so I send out so many orders to the guards to find her and bring her to the safe room immediatly.

America's POV

When the alarms go off I get out of the women's room and start to head to the safe room when something slams me into the wall. It's a rebel. I try to run but they slap my face. The rebel runs his hands down my body and before he gets far a guard shoots the back of his head and he falls on top of me covering me with blood all over. I sob. It's so scary.

I push the rebel off me drenched in his blood and the guard shoves me into a safe room not the main one. All I can think about is Maxon. Is he okay? Is he safe?

"Don't open this door and I'll come back to get you later." He says closing the door and leaving me in the darkness. I grab towels or blankets I can't tell it's so dark, and then I try to run the blood off me as fast as I can because it's awful and I hate it. I feel it smearing down my arm and nothing goes away. I don't want to use the water here because I don't know how long I could be in here. Alone. I sob. 

     I miss Maxon. I hope he's okay. I love him. I don't want to live if he's not there with me. I don't care if he used me or if he didn't. I don't care about anything. I want him. If he dies I die. If he dies today I will too. I won't live unless he's here with me. I'm assuming the worst and I don't even know but I can't help it. Things never go my way and bad things happen when I'm around it makes me nervous and question if Maxon is okay.

I have stained tears on my face and I'm covered in blood and I close my eyes for just a second. 

"Lady America." I wake up and look up, and I see a guard the one who saved me. He's okay. Is Maxon? Is the queen ? The king? I sit up and the guard puts his hand out for me to grab. When he pulls me up almost fall over. I turn around and I see Maxon rush up to me and hug me. 

I'm still covered in blood but I don't think he cares. I hug him so hard. He's alive. He's okay. I feel my heart exhale and a big relief is off my shoulders. He whispers in my ear,

"I love you so much I'm so sorry." And he keeps saying it over and over. 

"I love you so much too. So so much" eventaully Maxon turns toward the guard. 

"Thank you so much for saving her, you will be payed immensely." Maxon says and the guard excuses himself and Maxon looks me up and down. 

"Are you hurt? At all? Scratches? Pain? Wounds?" Before he can continue I speak.

"I'm fine." He looks at me like he's not sure.

"Really. I just want to get this blood off me." I tell him. He nods his head and takes my hand.

"These past weeks have been awful for me. I've missed you so much knowing I couldn't be around you, I wanted to give you time to make a decision..." before he can continue I cut him off.

"I choose you." I say and Maxon smiles and kisses me quickly and then continues to walk me. When we reach his room Maxon opens his door. 

"I'll get clothes from your maids, your staying with me tonight, you can take a shower then we'll talk the towels are in the cabinet in there." He says pointing to a cabinet by the bathroom door. I say okay and then go into the bathroom and take a shower. When I'm done I Put on the clothes Maxon said he'd get from my maids. It's a pink lacy nightgown and when I put this on it goes to my upper upper thigh. Oh great.

     It feels so good to not have blood covered in me and I feel more refreshed than ever. It's so nice. When I walk into Maxon's room I find two trays of food set out by the bed and then Maxon walks back in the room. 

"Hey I figured you would be hungry considering we all missed lunch so I thought we could eat together and talk." He says looking down. I sit on his bed and pull the tray for both of us to sit. When I pat the bed right next to where I'm sitting he comes and sits next to me and we start to eat.

     It's so good I don't know why I wasn't hungry before this. There's green beans, chicken and mashed potatoes. When we're done Maxon pushes away the trays with crumbs of food takes my hands and starts to talk.

"I said yes to the deal because my dad told me originally I wasn't going to inherit the crown until I had an heir and when I found out Kriss couldn't a have a child he told me if I got engaged to you and didn't have to have a selection I would be crowned. I knew I wanted you the moment the advisors said your name and I was going to continue to try to make us work when he presented the deal. I never used you." Maxon finishes looking at me curious for my next move. 

"I was upset, but today when I didn't know if you were alive I didn't care. I don't want to lose you Maxon. Ever. I thought I lost you today and I knew if something happens to you I don't think I could ever live with myself. I knew I needed you regardless of everything that happened and how mad we were at eachother I just wanted you. When you chose Kriss I was devastated I hated myself for loosing you and I couldn't look at myself in the mirror because it reminded me of everything I lost and I hated myself for it." I say looking down at my fingers. He's quiet for a moment and then his two finger lift my chin up to meet his eyes.

"I love you America so much it hurts. When the rebel attack started and you were nowhere to be seen I was overwhelmed and I was angry and upset with everything and everyone all I wanted was you in my arms and I thought I wouldn't see you again. My heart is yours america break it as many times as you want it's only yours, every beat my heart beats is for you and you only, without you I fall apart and I love and hate myself for it. Love doesn't begin to describe how much I feel for you. I don't want anything to happen without you not knowing how much I love you and how I would give anything in the world for your happiness." Maxon says with tears in his eyes. Oh my god. I'm crying too. I love him so much.

I kiss him. It's deep, passionate, and heartfelt. It's as if today is our last and in a way we never know which makes me kiss him harder. Since we're on his bed we're on our knees and Maxon asks for permission for his tongue to come into my mouth by sliding it across my lips and I gladly give him permission. God I've missed him I haven't held him in three weeks and everyday of it I craved his touch, hold, and his kisses. Very much. 

     He grips my waist and pushes me down into his bed moving me to the pillows. I kiss him deeper and I unbutton his button up shirt an throw it somewhere because I'm too focused to care. Then I grab him by his belt to get him closer to me, his body swaying against mine is the best feeling ever. I feel Maxon tug on the tied knot on the back of my nightgown and he pulls back looking into my eyes asking politely for permission with his eyes. I nod. He slowly pulls the tie undone and lightly takes one of the strings on my shoulder of one by one kissing every patch of skin as he slowly removes it then he moves onto the rest of my nightgown as I do his clothes.

Eventaully we find ourselves becoming one. Giving ourselves to eachother body and soul, two lovers. And in the morning I know no matter what happens I won't regret this night nor will I ever in a million years because I love Maxon so much and he loves me.

- America's nightgown but with ties in back.

What do you think? Too much? Anything?