Chapter 5

America:

     After Maxon leaves I jump out of bed and I get ready. I feel energized. It's either because I'm completely sober, or I'm super excited. I wonder what we'll do. It's hot out so I'm wearing shorts and a cute top. Once I'm done getting ready I wait a while for Maxon to show up. 

     My mind starts to drift back to me drinking. even though I can't help it I find myself craving a drink, and as much as I hate to admit it I think I'm addicted. The thought scares me and my hands start to shake. I feel stupid because I shouldn't feel this way. It only started when Maxon chose Kriss. I still can't shake the feeling of drowning my sorrows in vodka so hard I couldn't walk or even remember my name. The morning when I woke up I had absolutely no clue as to what happened that night and I still don't remember what happened. 

"America?" Maxon says quietly pushing my door open a crack. I walk over to the door and open it wider. 

"Hey." I say looking at him up and down. He's wearing regular chothes. That's the first time ever I've ever seen that.

"Are you ready?" He asks looking at my clothes making sure I was ready.

"Yeah let's go." I say walking out the door and closing it behind me. Maxon being the gentleman he is holds out his arm. I gladly take it and we walk down the hall and inside the gardens. 

"So I was going to take you into the gardens and do the typical date I could do with anyone but I wanted to make it special. I know after I chose Kriss you practically disappeared but I want to change some things that we did. I want us to really try. I think now that there aren't 35 girls here it'll make it easier but I really want this to work." When he finishes he looks at me and stops suddenly turning to me abrubtly. 

Then I realize he's waiting for me to say something. Wow I'm dumb. I look into his eyes trying to think of an answer but I forgot what his last words were. All I can think of is how his chocolate brown eyes fit him so perfectly. For once in all the days I've been here it's calm. I don't feel the adrenaline I usually do when I need to drink, and I can feel that my hands aren't shaking and I haven't gotten them to stop in a very long time. I don't even notice how lost I'm in his eyes until Maxon is kissing me. 

I can't think straight. I'm so lost, but when his lips find mine I feel me. The one who would sing at parties to contribute to a family that's a five. The girl that would try to break through the guards hold me to get to her first real friend to stop the caning from being happening. I remember nothing and everything at the same time. It's refreshing. It's like the sunny day where the sun just hits you. It's not hot but it's warm. 

Eventually Maxon pulls away from my lips and I breathe in slowly. He's still looking at me and I have my answer.

"I want it to work to." I whisper and he smiles. He wraps his arms around my waist and he pulls my body to his. I get on my tippy toes, wrap my arms around his neck and hug him. His body feels so good on mine. We stand there for a couple minutes enjoying each others presence. 

After a while Maxon leads me into a stunning barn.

     There are beautiful horses in them and I smile

     There are beautiful horses in them and I smile. When I was younger I always wanted a horse but my mom said if I ever wanted a horse I would have to marry a two or a farmer. So eventually I gave up on my dream.

     Maxon opens a door where a white horse was, and he pets it nose. 

"This is bingo." He says motioning me to come towards the horse. I come over and Maxon shows me where to put my hand and when I do I fall in love with bingo. He's so soft. He makes a blowing noise with his lips. I continue to pet bingo while Maxon leaves to go get another horse out. 

The other horse is brown with white spots, and his name was Ace according to Maxon. The horses already has a saddle on it so Maxon tells me where to place my feet on bingo and I get on him. Woah. It's the weirdest feeling to be on a horse. Maxon is holding bingo my the reigns waiting for me to be adjust.

"I'm good." He looks at me once more making sure I'm serious then gets on his horse. 

------------------

There's more to the date I'll give later. 

Do you like it?

Comments?

Questions?