Chapter 8

America's POV

Three weeks later

      I love Maxon. I can't deny it. I'm gonna tell him. I have to right? Or do I just wait till he says it? Wait what if he doesn't say it because he doesn't love me? Then I would be waiting for nothing. Maybe he's waiting for me to say it. 'America you are going to tell him.' My conscience says. 

     He's been so sweet it's so hard not to fall for his looks and personality. He does something special with me everyday. He makes me feel... well everything, I can't describe it. Today he said he wants to watch a movie with me in the theatre room. I'm excited. I look at the clock he told me to be ready at 7. It's 6:45. Oh great I'm going to be late. 

15 minutes later I'm rushing to be ready by the time Maxon comes to  my room and I hear a knock. I spray perfume on and open the door to se Maxon. He looks at me, smiles, and holds out his arm for me and we walk down to the theatre room. When we get there I sit on a couch while Maxon turns the projector on, or tries. 

"It's not working." Maxon says pressing the button profusely. Oh boy.

"Maybe your doing it wrong." I state. I'm pretty sure he's wrong because I know it's too expensive of a machine to break so easily. 

"And I'm assuming you can?" Maxon challenges me, looking at me with a smirk.

"Here try." Maxon says and he hands me the remote. I press the button and I check everything and I come to a conclusion. I turn to Maxon.

"It's broken." I say sitting on the couch. I know he's going to start.

"No no no I want you to say it." Maxon says. I know he's finding this hilarious because he can't wipe the smile off his face.

"You were right okay are young happy n..." I was interrupted by Maxon kissing me. I continue to kiss back and Maxon grips my waist and pulls me on his lap. We keep kissing and I feel a tongue go in my mouth and I moan uncontrollably when he tugs on my lips with his teeth. He kisses down my neck and I let out a breathily moan. Then I hear a knock. 

"Excuse me your majesty but I heard you called for a broken projector." A maid says opening the door to see me on The prince of Illeas lap with swollen lips. Oh god. It's so embarrassing. I get off  his lap and Maxon let's her fix it and he takes my hand and leads me outside the door to the kitchen area.

"How did they know it was broken." I asked and he smiled and kisses my hand.

"I called them when you were trying to fix it." He says kissing me.

"That was so embarrassing. She's probably going to tell everyone what she saw." I say putting my face in my hands completely humiliated.

"Hey, hey it's ok." He says and hugs me. I love his warmth.

      After a couple of minutes the maid leaves saying it's fixed and Maxon and I go watch a movie. It's a comedy called the interview and it's hilarious I rest my head on Maxon's shoulder and we eat popcorn. When it's over we head back to my room and when we get there I realize I need to do it now. I stop in the middle of the hall right next to my door, bringing Maxon to a halt with me. I'm shaking I'm afraid he'll say he doesn't love me and I'll make a foolish decision to tell him but I need to.

"What's wrong America?" Maxon asks turning toward me holding my face close to him. I know he can feel my shaking and he's getting worried. 

"I feel... When I'm around you... I love you" I finish. Wow that was awful. I instantly feel better even if he rejects me because that has been bugging me for some time now. He lifts my chin up with his finger forcing me to look into his eyes.

"America I've fallen in love with you so much it hurts. I can't imagine myself with anyone but you." He stops when I silence him with my mouth. His lips on mine is like a sun and a moon coming together in the universe. It kills me every time his lips meet mine. I love him so much. He opens my door and I bring him inside by his tie.

"America we need to." But he doesn't get to finish because my lips are greedy and interrupting towards his words. He pulls back finally and starts to talk.

"We can't do this now." He says holding me and I can tell by a hardness in his body that he really wants to continue. I nod. He kisses me once more and whisper in his ear to stay again with me tonight.

"I can't. I don't want another guard to try to tell me in the morning that I have something going on but find I never came back from a date. I don't want rumors going around." He says looking at me with a sad look.

"Okay." I say in a urging tone.

"You could come up to my room though." He says hinting at me to go with him. I do what I do best around Maxon and give in. I grab a few things and he takes me up to his room for the night.