Chapter 7

Maxons POV

To say father was furious would be an understatement. 

"You said you would be back by dinner, what is this to you? If you ever want to be king you have to step up. Dinner is not an option especially when you told me you'd be back." Father starts but before he says more in intrude.

"I know it's bad I should've been back before dinner but America is getting closer to me, if I can keep spending more time with her I can get her to marry me within a month." I finish. I know he doesn't want me to tell him he's wrong or anything so he'll give me a challenge.

"That's great Maxon a month, get the ring made and prepare it son, you have one month. Go on go plan your proposal." He says smirking. I know he wants me to back down but I won't. I leave quietly. Guess I have a month.

-------

America's POV

     After breakfast I head to the library in hopes to find something that'll entertain me for the day. I just returned my previous book about food and I'm struggling to find something good that I'll actually read.

When I finally pick one I turn around from the bookshelf to find Maxon leaning against a wall with a smile on his face watching me. 

"Hey." He says looking at me. I cant help but smile when I'm around him. He makes me happy. When he walks toward me I feel my heart starting to pump so fast I can almost hear it. He hugs me quickly leaving me confused as to why he's hugging me but when I call his name he just shushes me and holds me closer.

     After a while we settle down in chairs in the library and play cards. He beats me every time until I teach him a game called bullshit. Finally I start winning all the games because he can't quit smiling when he lies. we were just in the middle of hearts before a maid walks in.

"Excuse me your highness, lady America, the king summons your presence at a meeting with his highnesses advisors and he asked lady America to attend as well." The maid who I recognized as Ashley said. Why would the king want me to go to a meeting? He hates me.

"Okay we'll be up there in a few minutes." Maxon says excusing her politely. She curtises and scurries out of the room.

"Why does he want me to go to a meeting? During the selection he made it so I would never see anything political, or anything dealing with the country so why now?" I ask him and he sighs and holds my face and kisses me. 

"I don't know. Maybe he's changing his opinion on you. This is good." He says quickly dismissing me. I feel like there's more to this but I don't push. He holds his arm out and I gladly take it and he walks me into the meeting room.

     After three long hours and me having nothing to do with the meeting I find myself exhausted and in need of a nice, warm cozy bed. When Maxon saw the tiredness in the meeting after three hours he said we would continue tomorrow and now he's walking me back to my room. I'm so tired I put my head on his shoulder and it's resting there. I seriously have no idea why I'm so tired it's not normal.

Maxon stops to open my door when lean against the wall and say,

"I don't think I can make it to my bed I'll sleep here." I say feeling the comfy wall. I hear a chuckle and I know who it's from. When I close my eyes for one second he scoops me up and carries me into my room. He gently sets me on the bed and is about to leave when I grab his hand.

"Stay." I whisper my eyes still closed. I hear shuffling and he makes me comfortable under the covers and pulls my waiste to his strong body and I turn over so my heads on his chest. We're both fully clothed but we're to tired to care. I fall asleep and words wander in my head like I need to say them. "I love you."