Chapter 2:

America:

      The plane came right on time. Great just great. I said to Gail if the plane was late even a second I would leave and go to my concert, but surely here it stands. Shit. I have to call Gail. Now I missed just another concert. Maybe they'll learn I'm not a saint or immortal. I laughed at that thought. 

     The upper castes hate me. To them I'm taking the money from the rich and giving it to the poor, and I a way I am. Most of the tax from the upper castes is being given to the school districts, food corporations to help the hungry, and they just created a program to give electricity in homes.

     The lower castes think I'm immortal. They think I'm a saint because I am giving them a reason to live, a life they've always dreamed of. most of the lower castes live on dirt and now are getting electricity in their new homes, they adore me. It's insane.

     As I boarder the plane I get a look from one of the flight attendants when I ask for coffee but I shrug it off. My hands are shaking I need vodka. Once the attendant comes back with my coffee is within my reach I dig into my purse searching for the only thing that can satifsy me. Once I the mini vodka bottle I took from the gift shop in the hotel I open the lid from my coffee and pour some in it. 'Just to stop the shaking' I tell myself. Even if it's a lie.

     A flight from New York to Angeles takes about 2 hours so by the time I get off the plane the bottles gone. I walk to the entrance of the castle and I'm met with the smell of the garden breeze of the flowers and trees and when  I turn my head I see the garden. Our bench. A bench that seems to be waiting for me. I get shivers all over my skin. Who am I kidding it's a beautiful garden with a rusty old bench. Maybe I had too much to drink. It's not my bench, it'll never be my bench. I lost it when I lost prince Maxon. Don't go there. Don't go there. I haven't thought about what happened a long time ago, I don't want to. It's a deep thought stuffed in the back of my head. A thought that only gets to me when I don't drink. 

     I realize I've been staring at a bench for a couple minutes now. I shake my head scattering my thoughts through my head. When I walk into the castle a guard escorts me to somewhere. He keeps his silence so I keep mine. 

     When we make it into the meeting hall where meeting are held he takes me into a room with many chairs, the guard pulls out one of the empty chairs and gestures for me to sit when I sit he leaves me in confusion. 

      The next thing I know three business looking people walk into the room with professional suits and emotionless masks. They take their seats and when they inform me what has happened and what is going to happen I'm shocked. We'll that would be an understatement.

     5 months that's all it is. Avoid him for 5 months and I'll be out of here. He'll have his own life back and I'll have mine. I'll be gone, we'll never see eachother again. I breathe in and out. I can do this just wait five months. Don't look at him. Don't touch him. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore. 

     Mary, Anne and Lucy showed up at my door about 10 minutes after the terrifying meeting ended and a guard escorted me the room I had during the selection. Lucy married Aspen and have a baby, Anne is trying for a baby, and Mary just moved in with her boyfriend. Life's going good for them it makes me happy which I haven't been in a long time. We talked and talked until they noticed the time and rushed me to get ready for dinner. 

     I tried to tell them I'm sick, but appearently King Clarkson 'insisted' everyone comes to dinner. Of course he meant me. It's pointless to deny it. Who wouldn't come to dinner I'm the only guest in the castle, or at least that's what Mary said.

     When I get to to the dining hall the queen is there, and other than that it's empty. Good. I keep my head down while they are serving food until the queen speaks.

"I hope you'll find a reason to stay Lady America." She says looking at me then going back to eating her meal.

"Me too." I say without thinking. 'You don't want to stay, you don't want to stay.' I tell myself but I know it's a lie. I can't do this again. I won't. I have to get rid of these thoughts. I can't let him break me again. Just then king clarkson and the prince maxon of Illea enters the room, and takes his seat.

     I try to focus anywhere but the queen, king, or Maxon I mean the prince. I feel him staring at me and I try not to smile at the most attention I've had in so long by someone who cares. 'Dang it America, I mean panic, get your feelings for the prince out of your sick head he doesn't care for you!' I tell myself. 

     I know Maxon's staring at me waiting for me to look at him because his hands right next to his ear, so when I give him a glance he'll tug it and I'll fall right at his feet begging for another chance. 'Yeah right!' 

     I continue to eat and keep my head down so when I'm done I curtsey and get the hell out of that room pray to god Maxon doesn't follow me or stop by my room later. It's already hard not to acknowledge him, if he came to my room I'd fall in love with him instantly I can't even deny it.